Hotas not working linux

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amenditman
x4

Hotas not working linux

Post by amenditman » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 07:12

I am playing unmodified X4 4.10 Beta 6, English language from Steam, Terran Cadet start
Manjaro Linux
HOTAS is Virpil throttle and joystick

My Hotas is recognized by the OS and Steam. X4 Controls>Manage Controller/Joystick says they are recognized.

When I try to bind analog inputs under General they don't register any input. Digital inputs are registered and set the control. I was able to bind analog inputs on this game last week.

spookywatcher

Re: Hotas not working linux

Post by spookywatcher » Fri, 27. Aug 21, 16:06

amenditman wrote:
Mon, 23. Aug 21, 07:12
I am playing unmodified X4 4.10 Beta 6, English language from Steam, Terran Cadet start
Manjaro Linux

My Hotas is recognized by the OS and Steam. X4 Controls>Manage Controller/Joystick says they are recognized.

When I try to bind analog inputs under General they don't register any input. Digital inputs are registered and set the control. I was able to bind analog inputs on this game last week.
Yep...HOTAS has been screwed up on Linux. I've tried to be the squeaky wheel and gotten nowhere with the devs. It's just borked...and I have to live with it.

I sort of have a work around. I installed qjoypad and turned HOTAS inputs into keyboard inputs. That seems to work well enough for me. I turned my HAT into arrow keys and then bound them into what I wanted in the general settings. I have complained whenever there is a new version that comes out. Hoping that it'll gain traction. But they just ignore it.

Here's just one of my threads... viewtopic.php?f=180&t=434754&p=5021726#p5021726

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:48

spookywatcher wrote:
Fri, 27. Aug 21, 16:06
amenditman wrote:
Mon, 23. Aug 21, 07:12
Manjaro Linux

Yep...HOTAS has been screwed up on Linux. I've tried to be the squeaky wheel and gotten nowhere with the devs. It's just borked...and I have to live with it.

I sort of have a work around. I installed qjoypad and turned HOTAS inputs into keyboard inputs. That seems to work well enough for me. I turned my HAT into arrow keys and then bound them into what I wanted in the general settings. I have complained whenever there is a new version that comes out. Hoping that it'll gain traction. But they just ignore it.

Here's just one of my threads... viewtopic.php?f=180&t=434754&p=5021726#p5021726
I really disagree with this.
I've been using a Thrustmaster T16000 Hotas setup for over a year with X4 and not have any issues. All the buttons/inputs can be mapped in the game.

I do set it inside X4 and don't bother with Steams mismanagement of joystick controls

Vetrom
x4

Post by Vetrom » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 18:46

Linux works fine for me with a Sublight Dynamics 3D joystick. I am running from GOG though.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”