Paranid Plot Line Bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xerthaone

Paranid Plot Line Bug

Post by xerthaone » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 18:44

Hello:

What I am running into is that I am in the Apotheosis on the part where I have to raise the shields on the tube thingies in order to plant bombs inside them. Unfortunately, the first time, when they DID successfully open, I thought I had to trigger them and thus blew myself up and had to reload the game. Every subsequent reload, and I have tried over two dozen times, the shield raising cut-scene plays but the shields will not raise, no matter how many times I repair and re-shoot the switches. I have re-loaded to a point before I even entered the maze and re-done it in its entirety and am still encountering the same issue.

I do have tatertrader and learn all of the things installed.

This is version 4.0 stable, no beta.

To re-iterate, it did work correctly the very first time but I accidentally triggered the bombs, was killed, and now the re-loads will not open the shields. My save file is below and I saved it just before shooting the switches to trigger the shields and it is hosted in Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Paranid Plot Line Bug

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 21:17

@ devs: For background, there are similar threads here:

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=429596
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=429223

@ OP: There is a workaround mentioned in the older thread. I do not know if that would help you now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 22:40

Quick note: there was, once upon a time, a bug where the shield on the red core would close again whenever you loaded a save where it was already opened. That was supposedly fixed, and we've received positive feedback from previously affected players. The workaround back then was to repair the switches and shoot them again.

According to this report right here, there's (1) a regression, and (2) the old workaround doesn't work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 22:49

... or (3) One of the OP's mods has overwritten something necessary for the fix/workaround.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”