Ships viewed on map are not in same location after teleport - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Ships viewed on map are not in same location after teleport - Explained.

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 10:27

Cradle of Humanity V4.0
Terran start.
No Mods.

I was viewing my fleet closing on a pirate ship. I teleported to one of my ships.
The pirate ship was now several hundred kilometers away.

I have also seen on the map, ships sliding across the map to end up some distance away, this also occurred after teleporting.
Viewing the map beforehand put the ships closer to the one I was teleporting to.

Not sure if this is linked to this.
I was notified that one of my ships was under attack, I immediately paused the game, pulled up the map and teleported to the ship.
When I arrived on board and took a look at the map, there was no enemy, no wreck either. The ships in my fleet were repairing damage,
but absolutely no sign of any attacker.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Ships viewed on map are not in same location after teleport

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 11:01

When you're not present, the game takes certain shortcuts (it has to, otherwise it couldn't possibly run the full game universe), which includes not simulating things like physics. This means that when you go to a location, some objects may need to be moved in order not to collide with one another. Similarly, battles are run using simplified logic when you're not there. When you jump into the sector, it has to switch to a full simulation, and that can result in apparent changes too.

We will only be able to determine whether or not what your seeing is just an expected part of the above behaviour if you provide an unmodified savegame and an explanation of the steps needed to reproduce it.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 14:53

@CBJ sorry to have wasted your time you may as well close this off.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 15:24

Does that mean the problem has gone away, or that you don't have (or can't upload) an unmodified savegame? As always, we would like to track down any problems, and savegames drastically increase the likelihood of us being able to do that in a viable timeframe.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”