[FIX]4.0 BUG L Beam Turrets can't hit targets - Fix in a build after 4.10 release.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Super Knuckles
x4

[FIX]4.0 BUG L Beam Turrets can't hit targets - Fix in a build after 4.10 release.

Post by Super Knuckles » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 19:33

Please have a look at the video and this my post on reddit regarding how several fastest rotating ARG L Beam Turret misses a defence drone and can't hit it properly.
As mentioned on reddit, this can't be a tracking issue as the drone is flying towards the ship in a straight line.
Save can be provided if needed.

Thanks all in advance!
Cargobay now contains... Xenon L

Reddit: indie_youth

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 4.0 BUG L Beam Turrets can't hit targets

Post by CBJ » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 19:37

Super Knuckles wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 19:33
Save can be provided if needed.
Saves are always useful. Please don't wait to be asked before uploading them and providing a link. :)

Super Knuckles
x4

Post by Super Knuckles » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 01:24

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out!
Here is google drive link to the save (with TER L Beams) - however, it doesn't matter much after comparing it with ARG L Beams in the video above as it doesn't seem to be a tracking issue.
Cargobay now contains... Xenon L

Reddit: indie_youth

HoneyBadger
x4

Post by HoneyBadger » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 14:12

I have noticed yesterday that my syn with full L beam turrets miss like 50% of their shots entirely, even on stationary targets.
This is unacceptable.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 14:43

HoneyBadger wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 14:12
I have noticed yesterday that my syn with full L beam turrets miss like 50% of their shots entirely, even on stationary targets.
This is unacceptable.
maybe you can provide the savegame where you see this happening as well? Its the only way to help devs looking into this issue.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 15:40

This is the save I posted over in the "L Turrets not Firing" thread which also shows this behavior:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RH93SV ... sp=sharing

The piloted Bohemoth and the other Odysseus will fire at the Kha'ak station until it gets to 90% hull. AT this point, part of the station explodes. This is when the L turrets stop firing. If you change the turret behavior to "Attach my Current Target" they will resume firing and you can see the aiming issue. It looks like the turret is aiming at the center of the target area. It will focus on this point even if you move around. The problem is that there isn't any station structure in the spot where it is firing.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 16:21

This will be fixed in a future update.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [FIX]4.0 BUG L Beam Turrets can't hit targets - Fix in a build after 4.10 release.

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 12:06

Issue also applies to m sized ship's turrets, not just capitals. They stop firing during a skirmish unless aligned back to their initially chosen ship / target.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”