[4.0] Autotrader does not work for Hull Parts

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ashitaka-san
x4

[4.0] Autotrader does not work for Hull Parts

Post by Ashitaka-san » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 12:53

I've encountered a very odd what appears to be a bug in 4.0. I'm able to use autotrader for everything that I've tried so far, except for Hull Parts. For some reason, Hull Parts simply will not autotrade. I've double checked the settings and all is fine. There's definitely resources to be bought and sold, within range, and with a good profit. The autotrader simply stays in "searching for trades" mode and doesn't do anything. The moment I add another ware to trade, the autotrader will start trading with that ware. It just don't do it for Hull Parts. Strangely enough, when I tried a repeat order trading hull parts, I also couldn't get it to work (I'm not sure if it's related). Manually trading hull parts works fine, though.

Here is an attached image:

https://i.ibb.co/FgYbxBw/Autotrade-not-working.png

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I do have several mods installed (VRO, Faction War/Economy Enhancer, Foundation of Conquest and War, SirNukes Mod Support API, Subsystem Targeting Orders, NoSuperHighway, BetterKillCredit). However, I don't believe any of these could cause such a problem.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0] Autotrader does not work for Hull Parts

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 18:23

A save would be required to look into this issue.

MFG

Ketraar

Ashitaka-san
x4

Post by Ashitaka-san » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 05:39

Thank you all for the time to look into this. I really do appreciate it.

Here is a link to the save file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UiGqIN ... sp=sharing

I have a freighter named Vulture Vanguard (Hull Parts) which is on autotrader and just sitting there.

I believe this autotrader issue may be occurring with the AI traders as well. I've noticed that the Zyarch Split military is almost gone and doesn't seem to be replenishing. If no hull parts are being traded, that would make sense. That would also mean the other factions are having the same issue and, well, my game is pretty screwed unless I can fix this.

Ok, here is a screenshot of my mod settings, in case that helps. These are the same mods that I started the game with except that the LearningAlltheThings mod was previously turned on, but is now off. I also turned on the 3 Faction Enhancer mods mid-game (the catchup has remained off). However, I wouldn't think that any of these would affect this issue... but maybe I'm wrong on that.

https://i.ibb.co/dDccBtb/Mod-Settings.png
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 24. Jul 21, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Ashitaka-san
x4

Post by Ashitaka-san » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 04:35

Just an update.

I tried taking off the mods (except for VRO and Superhighway, since I was afraid that would mess the save up) and it didn't help. I also double checked and tried to change the autotrader settings again (e.g. longer distance to buying and selling, setting a different home sector) and that also didn't help.

However, I have a save from a previous game of mine, that had been started pre-4.00 but that I had continued after the 4.00 update, so I decided to try that one. The autotrader worked just fine for hull parts. It was set in Argon space, although I don't know if the location itself is a factor, compared to Zyarch space in this save, where the problem occurs.

So, it appears to be specific to this newer game of mine. This one had been started recently, although I'm not sure if that matters or not.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 10:10

Hello, as stated in the rules sticky, we wont be able to look into modified games, its just not feasible.

If you can provide steps to reproduce in a vanilla environment or provide a non modified game, then we can have a loook.

MFG

Ketraar

Ashitaka-san
x4

Post by Ashitaka-san » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 10:02

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 26. Jul 21, 10:10
Hello, as stated in the rules sticky, we wont be able to look into modified games, its just not feasible.

If you can provide steps to reproduce in a vanilla environment or provide a non modified game, then we can have a loook.

MFG

Ketraar
Ok, no worries, that is completely understandable. Thanks for the the response.

Lyuking
x4

Post by Lyuking » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:24

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 26. Jul 21, 10:10

MFG

Ketraar
Hello! Have the same issue and also have Vanilla 6.0 save: https://dropmefiles.com/uXk81

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 03:16

I'll keep an eye on this issue. My Borons are not trading Hull Parts and have tons of station stuck. They have stations producing that are full of Hull Parts so I have the feeling that they don't have ships trading it... Tho I'm unsure if it's a bug or not yet... save_002.xml.gz
Screenshots
Show
Subordinates: 0

I found this one trading for the shipyard but so far no one for the construction sites.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 10:03

This is a 3 year old thread from many releases ago. Please start a new thread for 6.00 with the information needed. I can't even split out the newer posts as they don't describe the issue and old and irrelevant stuff is quoted.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”