Decelerate key doesn't reduce throttle - solved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

avilonrayne
x4

Decelerate key doesn't reduce throttle - solved

Post by avilonrayne » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 03:29

• Version 4.00 (434806) English
  • No modifications
  • Terran Cadet game start
  • When using the keys bound to boost, accelerate, and stop engines, my throttle behaves as expected. Accelerate slowly brings it up, boost maxes my throttle, and stop engines drops my throttle to zero. Decelerate, on the other hand, is not working. When I press the key bound to decelerate, my ship's throttle drops to zero instantly and comes to a stop. When I release the key, it resumes its previous throttle setting. It does not reduce my throttle at all. I have tried many different key binds for decelerate to see if changing it made a difference, but no luck. It's behaving like a temporary stop engines instead of just bringing my throttle down like it should.
  • The only changes I've made recently are to my keybinds. I am trying to set up the controls closer to how I have a few other games set up, so I can more easily switch between them. I am using a flight stick that does not have a functioning throttle alongside my keyboard, and the other games I've set up allow simple throttle control via my keyboard.
  • I've also noticed that many of the mouse keys are not listed in the controls (or I just can't find them), even in the section that can not be remapped. For example, the mouse wheel controls the throttle, but I can't find that in the bindings. I don't want to use the mouse for steering, however, so this doesn't help me.

avilonrayne
x4

Re: Decelerate key doesn't reduce throttle

Post by avilonrayne » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:36

Well, I have no idea what happened, but I started up the game today with no changes since I had the issue... and everything worked just fine. I'm very confused, but I'll take it. The decelerate key is now working as expected and is reducing my throttle instead of bringing me to a temporary stop.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Decelerate key doesn't reduce throttle

Post by CBJ » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:50

At a guess you may have had an input device giving a spurious input signal when you tried before. It happens from time to time. If it happens again, try unplugging everything you're not actively using and see if that helps. :)

avilonrayne
x4

Re: Decelerate key doesn't reduce throttle - solved

Post by avilonrayne » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 01:17

That would make a lot of sense, actually. The throttle on my flight stick is broken, so I had removed it from my keybinds. It was probably still trying to tell the game "hey your throttle is at zero!"

Thank you!

odin_grey
xr

Re: Decelerate key doesn't reduce throttle - solved

Post by odin_grey » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 19:18

As another point of data, I'm having the same issues.

Joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3d pro.

It seemed to work for a bit if I saved/reloaded, but then started again. I noticed if I set the throttle to neutral on the controls, it went back to working again. Previously it was at full.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”