[IGN][1292]Crew transfer interface (slider) issues

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dominus
x4

[IGN][1292]Crew transfer interface (slider) issues

Post by Dominus » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 01:46

4.0 COH All expeansions
Non modified. Terran Cadet.

When transfering crew the slider allows to pass the destination crew limit. It makes no sense to allow it and slows the proccess of transfering crew making it tedious.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... erbox=true
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 16. Jul 21, 08:25, edited 2 times in total.
Denantes mortos que escravos.
Sorry for Bad english. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Usability problem on crew transfer interface

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 09:27

4.00 release: using that same slider, if you move one of the crew categories with the mouse a bit too fast and/or too far, it has a good chance of just closing the crew transfer interface screen and you have to call it up again to restart the whole transfer. A quite minor but sometimes irksome aspect of this UI.

I think the same dev will want to see both issue aspects, hence adding here under the umbrella thread title.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1292]Crew transfer interface (slider) issues

Post by florianlt » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 08:00

Dominus wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 01:46
When transfering crew the slider allows to pass the destination crew limit. It makes no sense to allow it and slows the proccess of transfering crew making it tedious.
This is intentional to allow crew transfers if one or both ships are at capacity or very close to it. This means you can temporarily exceed a ship's crew capacity, and transfer another category back to the other ship to balance this out again. If we would not allow this, transfer becomes impossible if both ships are full and very tedious if there is little free space.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 09:27
4.00 release: using that same slider, if you move one of the crew categories with the mouse a bit too fast and/or too far, it has a good chance of just closing the crew transfer interface screen and you have to call it up again to restart the whole transfer.
I can only reproduce this rarely and for me it seems to be only happening if there is a misclick outside the crew transfer window. Which intentionally closes the window.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: [1292]Crew transfer interface (slider) issues

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 16:04

florianlt wrote:
Mon, 19. Jul 21, 08:00
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 09:27
4.00 release: using that same slider, if you move one of the crew categories with the mouse a bit too fast and/or too far, it has a good chance of just closing the crew transfer interface screen and you have to call it up again to restart the whole transfer.
I can only reproduce this rarely and for me it seems to be only happening if there is a misclick outside the crew transfer window. Which intentionally closes the window.
This happens (and often happens) if you accidentally click outside the transfer window, especially near the confirmation keys.
Perhaps it would be appropriate to make the window close manually (with X for example), instead of making the closing automatic.
If it happens after clicking 250 times it becomes really annoying...

I take advantage of the topic to say a few things about the transfer window and the UI in general.

A great QOL would be to enlarge the space dedicated to the portion of the window where you click the boxes with a dot inside and add the possibility of defining which members to move (if 1-2-3-4-5 stars).
The ability to select multiple ships and transfer all members to one ship would also be welcome. I once had to transfer 300 crew members from 150 S ships to a Raptor...
Needless to say, it took me 30 minutes on the clock to do this and it was really nerve-wracking.

In any case, a general enlargement of the interface texts and buttons would be very welcome.
Lately I have known that many gamers are using the resize of the UI to 1.2/1.3, myself included.
If players tend to do this, one wonders whether to improve this aspect, right? ;)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”