Yaw Control sensitivity

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sabanon

Yaw Control sensitivity

Post by Sabanon » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 11:19

Hi there,

My apologies if this question has been asked and dealt with already. I'm new to the game (but not to the X universe) and one of my first actions was to carry out a remap of my T flight HOTAS joystick controls. I have the y-axis set up for attitude (pointing up and down), the x-axis for rolling and the z-axis (joystick twist) for yaw. I'm not sure that the sensitivity setting works very well with the joystick so, if that is the case, then please, please, please can something be implemented? If the sensitivity setting does apply to the joystick then I have noticed that you can only apply sensitivity to FP Look Left/Right (I think x-axis) and FP Look Up/Down (y-axis). I believe that the game needs a sensitivity setting for the z-axis too; this would stop the z-axis from behaving as if it was a digital input device rather than analogue (and I do have it set in analogue rather than digital).

Many thanks,

Sabanon

Tattvadarzin
x4

Re: Yaw Control sensitivity

Post by Tattvadarzin » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 21:37

One year on and this is still an issue. I am a brand new X user with a T16000m, Throttle and pedals. The Yaw sensitivity is far too much, especially in combat.

Frankly I suspect I will have to give up X4 Foundations and go back to Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

What a pity this is because I like the idea of the game.

paulbright

Re: Yaw Control sensitivity

Post by paulbright » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 02:16

completely agree, without a sensitivity on yaw axis its not playable with hotas. Bummer, was going to play this until starfield came out. now have to find something else. X1 foundations is being uninstalled in steam. I want to play space games on hotas... not on mouse. Good Luck Egosoft... This game had promise.. oh well to the land of lost toys you go.... bye bye.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”