[1282]Occasional Stuttering

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maxsjs84

[1282]Occasional Stuttering

Post by Maxsjs84 » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 18:53

Version: 4.00 (434806)
No third party scripts or mods
Game start: The Young Gun
Nature of problem: Every 10 or so minutes the game stutters violently for about 10 seconds, barely a frame per second. I only have one factory setup, 9 miners and a few satellites and probes. The stuttering only started relatively recently, before that the game was smooth. Outside of the stuttering the game performs perfectly.
Changes to system: I haven't made any changes that I believe would impact the issue, I moved the game to my SSD when the problem started happening to see if it would help and unfortunately the behaviour was exactly the same.
Uploaded DXdiag, vulkaninfo and saved games here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/us2m97a2tae8 ... EdsBa?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Occasional Stuttering

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 19:55

Although you only have 9 miners, some players reported this type of issue when all their station miners rechecked their orders at the same time. I believe that a workaround for that was to stagger their order checking by not giving all of them their assignment at the same time. I would certainly agree that this is not ideal even if it should help you though.

Make sure that you don't have a background application running that regularly 'phones home' over the internet to check for updates or messages, etc.

Probably unrelated, you have a default Microsoft Sound Driver for your onboard Realtek sound chipset. You can get Realtek HD Audio Codec R2.82 from the Realtek update site.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Maxsjs84

Re: Occasional Stuttering

Post by Maxsjs84 » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 20:43

Thanks for the reply Alan!

So went into the game and unassigned all miners/traders to see if that eliminated the behaviour, still the same unfortunately even though the miners and traders were just sitting "dumb" in space. Also checked if there were any upkeep missions listed for them or anything and nothing there.

Is there anything else that could trigger the stutters? I'll update the sound drivers just in case too

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”