[1271][v4.00HF3] map click does not focus on object and loses POV

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Submarine
x3tc

[1271][v4.00HF3] map click does not focus on object and loses POV

Post by Submarine » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 13:22

When looking at objects in the map, after opening the map while targeting an object above or below the ecliptic plane, if you click on them or another object it does not focus on the object clicked instead it loses current POV focus entirely and reverts to the ecliptic plane.

This is especially noticeable when objects are far enough above or below the ecliptic and the shift of POV takes it completely out of the visual frame of reference.

Also trying to move the map with WASD will do this too, suddenly the map will lose its current vertical displacement and shift to the ecliptic. You can rotate it however without causing this bug to manifest.

e.g. when trying to focus on a boarding operation and select ships above the ecliptic for orders.

Opening the map targeting the enemy ship creates this perspective (actually vertically above but here rotated to show the displacement in this example).
1080p screeny https://i.imgur.com/zvS8YIv.jpeg

Mousing over the approaching allied Rattlesnake, on clicking it to select to give boarding orders, I am suddenly presented with this shift in POV losing sight of all ships... after which I must reestablish the POV manually and then am able to click on the Rattlesnake and select it for orders. This should not happen! Expected behaviour is for the POV to remain constant until moved by the player not to capriciously move away from the focus on trying to manipulate the map or objects visible in it.
1080p screeny https://i.imgur.com/bfyjgE8.jpeg

I hope you agree it is worth addressing this significant glitch in the usability of the map interface.
bloop

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [K0123][v4.00HF3] map click does not focus on object and loses POV

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 13:29

This is already reported and known to the devs (Matthias).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Submarine
x3tc

Re: [K0123][v4.00HF3] map click does not focus on object and loses POV

Post by Submarine » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 15:10

Thanks, good.

I hope that when they sort this out they can afford a little time to sort out other issues like the map not remembering where you placed the POV previously when using the other interfaces in map view, i.e. options, research, player information, ship interactions, encyclopedia.

PS
Also if you check ship overview from ship information within map you lose map POV. This also should not happen.
bloop

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”