[1265][4.0HF3]The Passenger Transfer Mission Can Get Stuck if One Teleports While the Passenger Walks

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alm888
x4

[1265][4.0HF3]The Passenger Transfer Mission Can Get Stuck if One Teleports While the Passenger Walks

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:59

I've found a mission script bug.

During a routine "Military Transport" guild mission for "HOP vs. PAR" I used the Geometric Owl (DKH-884) to ferry a passenger (Kelmanckulot) and told him/her/it to go to the ship.
I teleported/walked to the Owl (it is not hard to arrive before the passenger) after which I was prompted to "Wait: for passenger to arrive". So far so good. But then I received a distress plea from one of my ships about it being attacked by Kha'ak. The situation was dire enought for me to feel the need for personal involvement, so I teleported there without waiting for Kelmanckulot to actually board the Owl. The battle took me some time, after which I teleported back to continue with the mission.

However, the script did not register passenger's arrival in my absence and is still prompting me "Wait: for passenger to arrive" despite the passenger already safely chilling in the ship. There is no way to make the passenger to "re-board" on camera this time: the passenger refuses to communicate. The only option is to abort the mission (which I in fact did and moved on).

maybe there should be a check on whether the passenger is already on board somewhere. Or, alternatively, one could just comm the passenger and get the approval to get going manually?

Here is a save illustrating the issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”