[FIX][K0084]Help needed: HQ group trainees "in transit"

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GReaper
x4

[FIX][K0084]Help needed: HQ group trainees "in transit"

Post by GReaper » Wed, 30. Jun 21, 16:40

Hi everyone!

I'm playing 4.0 right now (not beta) and I've already completed the terraforming project to train crew. I put 3 people in the HQ assigned as "group training", started the Aerial Maze group training project, finished it... and now I cannot retrieve my trainees. They appear greyed out in my HQ and with the message "This person is in transit". I've tried waiting for hours (with SETA), travelling IS and OOS, restarting the game, etc. But nothing seems to work. Maybe you can help me to find out what I'm doing wrong or what can I do to recover my trainees :)

If it helps, the trainees were previously captains of some of my ships which I reassigned to be trained.

Thank you very much beforehand! :)

henron
x4

Re: Help needed: HQ group trainees "in transit"

Post by henron » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 09:05

This happened to me as well. I was able to fix it by teleporting to the ships from which trainees were sent to HQ. Once teleporting there, trainees will instantly arrive at HQ. It also happened to me when assigning trainees as captains to ships again (so from HQ to some ship). This could be fixed in a similar way by teleporting to HQ. So it seems that if you encounter the problem of personnel being stuck in transit, you can solve it by teleporting to the origin (from which the personnal was transferred).

As I wasn't able to reproduce this reliably (and having a workaround), I didn't file a bug report back then.

GReaper
x4

Post by GReaper » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 10:38

henron wrote:
Thu, 1. Jul 21, 09:05
This happened to me as well. I was able to fix it by teleporting to the ships from which trainees were sent to HQ. Once teleporting there, trainees will instantly arrive at HQ. It also happened to me when assigning trainees as captains to ships again (so from HQ to some ship). This could be fixed in a similar way by teleporting to HQ. So it seems that if you encounter the problem of personnel being stuck in transit, you can solve it by teleporting to the origin (from which the personnal was transferred).

As I wasn't able to reproduce this reliably (and having a workaround), I didn't file a bug report back then.
You were right, Henron! I tried teleporting to the source ships and trainees suddlendly became available at HQ. The problem is that I didn't remember the exact ship they came from so I had to teleport to a lot of ships :cry: But at least I can now retrieve my trainees! Thank you very much for your help.

For devs, if this isn't worked as expected (is a bug) and you need a savegame, let me know and this afternoon I'll share one (before I overwrite it with newer saves) :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 10:47

Please do. Something is odd there, and we should at least take a look. :)

GReaper
x4

Post by GReaper » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 11:20

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 1. Jul 21, 10:47
Please do. Something is odd there, and we should at least take a look. :)
Of course! Glad to provide a save. I'll do this afternoon because now I'm at work (I tried the fix at Geforce Now) :) If you need some other kind of info, please, let me know and I'll also provide it!

GReaper
x4

Post by GReaper » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 15:41

Hi again!

As promised, here is the save and some more useful info to take a look at the issue:

Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14F0j80 ... sp=sharing

DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DcALR0 ... sp=sharing

VulkanInfo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KWZ5bO ... sp=sharing

Game version: 4.0

Language: Spanish

Play start: don't know the name, but I've been playing the same since the beginning :)

Regarding the issue:

- Some days ago I completed the Aerial Maze terraforming project

- Then I moved some of the captains (not techs neither marines) of my ships to my HQ as group trainees

- I completed the Aerial Maze group training project twice and they leveled up correctly

- Now I cannot retrieve them from the HQ. They appear greyed out and with the message "This person is in transit". I tried using SETA for many hours, teleporting, etc. but only Henron's tip seemed to work.

- If you open the HQ info you'll see one trainee not greyed out and available. That's the one I got back by using Henron's answer.

Some observations:

- Load the savegame and take a look at the HQ group trainees. Let's focus on "Gantelios Gobanis Dasinos III", who is greyed out (unavailable) and "in transit".

- Not open the HQ assigned ships menu and take a look at "Miner (L) (LPZ - 099)". The assigned captain is "Ganatos Kokalis andmorethings". I assigned this captain by clicking on "Promote best crew member as captain" once I moved the former to the HQ group training.

- The first strange thing I noticed is that once I assigned the new captain (Ganatos), the ship stuck in the "Assigning to commander" order. Which is really strange because it was already assigned to the HQ. I only promoted a new captain.

- Then teleport to Miner (L) (LPZ - 099) and try to take control of the ship. You shouldn't be able to. Like if it was blocked or unavailable. And the strange thing is that, if you take a look at the captain's name, it's "Group trainee Gantelios Gobanis Dasinos II" :? It should be Ganatos because Gantelios was assigned to HQ group traning some days ago.

- Here comes another strange thing: to recover my previous trainee (Thalia) I only had to teleport to the ship she was assigned from. But in this case it wasn't enough. Despite teleporting to Miner (L) (LPZ - 099), I couldn't retrieve Gantelios at HQ.

- Now teleport to the HQ, and you should see how some of the trainees come back, but not all of them :?

Hope this info can help you. If you cannot access some link or you have some more questions, I'll be pending and glad to help :)

Good luck, and thanks for your time!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [K0084]Help needed: HQ group trainees "in transit"

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:03

Thanks for the save and details. The various weird things will be fixed in the next build.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

GReaper
x4

Re: [K0084]Help needed: HQ group trainees "in transit"

Post by GReaper » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 21:17

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:03
Thanks for the save and details. The various weird things will be fixed in the next build.
Thank you very much for taking a look at it and solving it so fast :) I'll be pending to give it a try.

Have a great weekend!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”