[FIX][K0076]Laptop webcam light is on while playing X4.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrookieCookie

[FIX][K0076]Laptop webcam light is on while playing X4.

Post by BrookieCookie » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 05:47

I just bought x4 about an hour ago, and when I launch the game, the red webcam light on my laptop lights up like it is on. I have almost never willingly used the webcam or tobi eye tracking and never will. I intentionally keep it off all the time as I don't feel comfortable having it on, but I can not find ANY way of turning this off. I have never had a game do this before and can't find a solution anywhere on the internet. I also have tobi eye tracking completely off and have even closed it down entirely before launching the game and it still happens.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 26. Jun 21, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [K0076]Laptop webcam light is on while playing X4.

Post by rboerdijk » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 21:51

Can you try running X4.exe with the commandlineparameter "-forcehmd none" and let me know if that works.

BrookieCookie

Post by BrookieCookie » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 05:15

rboerdijk wrote:
Mon, 28. Jun 21, 21:51
Can you try running X4.exe with the commandlineparameter "-forcehmd none" and let me know if that works.
I tried this and the light still comes on. I deduced that it's tobi eye tracking that is turning on and not the webcam itself. even when I disable tobi eye tracking and completely close it down, the game still automatically turns it on.

BrookieCookie

Post by BrookieCookie » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 06:29

I just uninstalled tobii eye tracking entirely since I never use it anyways and the light no longer comes on. For now this is the solution that I am going to use, and hopefully if I ever reinstall Tobii in the future I won't have the same issue.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 10:30

Took a quick look in the code, "-forcehmd none" does disable Tobii in the sense that it's not used by the game, but it was still initialized (which it shows by the lights turning on).
That obviously isn't great, I changed the code so in a future update you will be able to pass "-forcehmd disable" to avoid X4 from at all trying to initialize Tobii.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”