4.0 HF3 - Scale Plate Pact constant Attacks during Terraforming mission... to reduce their attacks

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lazerius
x4

4.0 HF3 - Scale Plate Pact constant Attacks during Terraforming mission... to reduce their attacks

Post by Lazerius » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 20:56

I Just finished the Terraforming Mission for Scaleplate Green. In the >5 1/2 days of play time to complete it, I was constantly harassed by Scaleplate Pact, and now after I got their planet livable again, I have been rewarded with the current -29 rep with them from them constantly attacking me all over the galaxy.

When I started the mission and saw some rep hits, I set my faction's Fire Default Authorization Overrides for SCA to Defensive, and set ships to default drop cargo for pirates. At the time I was around -9, so I tried running some missions for them to begin working myself out of the hole. While doing that, they continued to attack my forces, and I reached the point where I could no longer dock at their stations or complete their missions.

My hope was this was a way to make things more difficult for me while I worked on the Terraforming mission, and it would reset when I completed the Mission. After all, they were sending capital ships (Often multiples at a time) at my HQ WHILE I was doing the Terraforming missions!

But here I am, Mission complete, and at -29 rep.

Would it be possible for you guys to reset my rep to -5 so I can actually dig myself out of this hole that my Good will effort for these pirates has put me in? Even if I still had a save from right before I started the Mission, Rolling back 5 1/2 days of played time is a bit much just to revert to before I was hit by this bug (Not to mention the crazy amount of time I've spent tricking out my HQ).

Save found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok7c0i3u5stkv ... ml.gz?dl=0

Thank You!
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.0 HF3 - Scale Plate Pact constant Attacks during Terraforming mission... to reduce their attacks

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:28

Once reputation is unlocked it should become possible to gain reputation with them by completing missions. That means that during that time period you just let them rob you blind while you build up reputation with them. Once above 15 reputation or so they will leave you alone and you are free to complete it all for them. At least in theory.

To recover from your current situation you need to prowl their stations and shoot criminal traffic. Even SCA hates criminals and so you should gain normal +~1 reputation per kill until at -5 reputation. From there you can do missions until they leave you alone. To prevent a repeat of this, once at -5 you will want to not attack their ships, possibly even docking all subordinate trade ships until you are at such a reputation that SCA will no longer pirate you. Yes the cost of lost production and time will be extremely expensive, but it is a long term investment to never have to care about SCA ever again.

Lazerius
x4

Re: 4.0 HF3 - Scale Plate Pact constant Attacks during Terraforming mission... to reduce their attacks

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 02:57

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:28
Once reputation is unlocked it should become possible to gain reputation with them by completing missions. That means that during that time period you just let them rob you blind while you build up reputation with them. Once above 15 reputation or so they will leave you alone and you are free to complete it all for them. At least in theory.

To recover from your current situation you need to prowl their stations and shoot criminal traffic. Even SCA hates criminals and so you should gain normal +~1 reputation per kill until at -5 reputation. From there you can do missions until they leave you alone. To prevent a repeat of this, once at -5 you will want to not attack their ships, possibly even docking all subordinate trade ships until you are at such a reputation that SCA will no longer pirate you. Yes the cost of lost production and time will be extremely expensive, but it is a long term investment to never have to care about SCA ever again.
:|

So in other words, Egosoft needs to make players aware if they begin that terraforming mission, they need to hide all of their assets until they cap out SCA rep. Otherwise they’re going to end up in my situation?

I mean, seriously, how many mass traffic kills does it take to go from -29 to +15? 10,000?

I have 100+ stations with thousands of miners/traders. I’m far more likely to wipe out all Scaleplate Stations and set up squads of destroyer police squads all over than place, rather than spend the hundreds of hours it’ll take me to micromanage shutting down my economy, than kill that much mass traffic...

FAR more likely, I’m just finally give up my 62 days played game being Vanilla and go edit that crap out of my game...

That’s far more likely than me being responsible for fixing the results of this F’d up mission. Seriously, Why would the mission be to help them on a galactic scale to give them their home planet back, but they still attack me mercilessly while I’m doing it? That makes zero sense.

The faction rep being changeable from-5 could have at least waited until AFTER I finished terraforming. Than they at least couldn’t have hit my convoys of ships delivering good to terraform their planet, and me being punished for it...

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 03:26

Actually, now I see what you were saying about climbing from that low of rep.

I assumed it was the same gain as loss. Between -26 and -29 I wasn’t even losing a whole point by blowing up their destroyers.

Luckily Silent Witness XII is their biggest zone in my game, and it’s infested with Khaak, and I own the zone, so don’t have to worry about the mines hitting me... hopefully it doesn’t hit them though.

We’ll see how this goes.

Edit: Didn’t want to spam this thread to keep it simple.

Looks like SCA wipes out the Khaak bases. Haven’t seen a single Criminal, so I started just bouncing between their bases hoping for spawns, and that’s worked well. -29 to -15 in about an hour. :D

On the flip side, I think I just needed to wait for all of the old SCA capital ships that were spawned before I finished the mission to die off. In that hour I’ve had 2 dropped cargo alerts, but no Under attack alerts, and those are what we’re killing my rep.

If things keep up like this, I’ll update again once I’m out of the hole.

THANK YOU for the advise! After 5 - 6 game days played doing that terraform, I was VERY demoralized to see I was still hated by them, as that’s the whole reason I did it! :)

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 06:49

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:28

See my follow ups above.

Found a new Khaak nest in the zone to pull to the stations, so I had this super easy.

Currently +10 with them, and just got first promotion with the faction.

THANK YOU for teaching me that climb from -30 to 0 (and higher) is not nearly as bad as I was scared of! 😁

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 14:02

Lazerius wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 02:57
I mean, seriously, how many mass traffic kills does it take to go from -29 to +15? 10,000?
It will take ~25 criminal kills to go from -30 to -5. It will then take hundreds to go from -5 to +15, which is why doing missions at that point is recommended.

When below -5 reputation, reputation gain from enemy ship kills near their assets is pretty close to linear and very fast.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 14:02
Lazerius wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 02:57
It will take ~25 criminal kills to go from -30 to -5. It will then take hundreds to go from -5 to +15, which is why doing missions at that point is recommended.

When below -5 reputation, reputation gain from enemy ship kills near their assets is pretty close to linear and very fast.
Yeah, that's what I didn't know or expect. I expected if killing one of their capital ships didn't even lower their rep a whole point in the high -20's, it was a much bigger pool you had to swim your way out of, instead of 1 enemy ship/mass traffic criminal = ~ 1 point climb. Thankfully it is that way, or I wouldn't be touching it!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”