(Tweak?) Station blast radius/damage

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

paeron24
x4

(Tweak?) Station blast radius/damage

Post by paeron24 » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:57

Blast radius and power from exploding sections of (at least) Xenon stations is somewhat OP. Makes it very difficult/impractical to attack stations because the resulting blast from destroying a single section will currently insta-kill every ship within 4-5 km of the station, including Argon Colossus, Teladi Phoenix, Argon Nomad, and of course every small/medium ship that happens to be nearby. If the blast also damaged the other intact sections of the station it might be a workable tradeoff, but the station seems immune to its own death blossom. I reloaded the same attack on the Xenon Defense station in Tharka XV a dozen times trying different strategies, and in every single attack I lost at least one fully shielded Destroyer due solely to proximity damage from a section blowing up. In any scenario where I used any other ships besides just Behemoths at max range, I would lose ALL other attacking ships. The issue with ships "sliding" around in space that I mention in another post was also usually a contributing factor, as they would invariably "slide" into knife fighting range with the station and then not be able to fly away far enough/fast enough to avoid being destroyed by the explosion.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: (Tweak?) Station blast radius/damage

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 19:46

Reports about the Public Beta belong in the Public Beta Feedback forum, which is the same place you got the information on how to join the beta. This specific topic is being discussed in this thread. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”