[K0012] Observation regarding the 'ice only mining'

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

toolkitxx

[K0012] Observation regarding the 'ice only mining'

Post by toolkitxx » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:00

I followed that matter in the beginning with a smile and thought it to be nonsense until i ran into the same issue. There where 2 observations i made and followed up on: Before this happened for me, many of my mining ships started blinking and 'waiting for signal' popped all over them. By default that goes away after some time but i kept an eye on that for some time just to be safe. This continued to happen and afterwards the ice issue actually also started to become an issue for me.

As explanation: i run my mining via a single station that only mines and distributes from there to sub-factories. No outside buying or selling.

After i cancelled all assignments and orders and reassigned all miners freshly the issue seemed to be solved - but just for a while . After some more playing time it was back. This time i had a weird feeling and checked the station's logical overview and i was right to do so: For whatever reason the buy orders for other solids where not active anymore. Only for ice. It might be the actual cause and not the lack of intelligence of the station managers as many claim. By that logical overview the miners where actually doing exactly what they are supposed to by the settings.

So i strongly believe the actual cause is a bug that resets other buy orders.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [K0012] Observation regarding the 'ice only mining'

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:25

How long of a period you would say between setting the rules and it happening? Is this in 4.00 HF3?

Assuming save is not modified could you host it and link it here, might be easier to reproduce if there are no concrete steps known.

MFG

Ketraar

toolkitxx

Post by toolkitxx » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:38

To be honest: cant say how much time was in between as that was an excessive session covering several days. I started a fresh game since that one ended badly for non-technical reasons and i decided to start over.

But i felt that the observation might help you guys to look at something different than what everyone had claimed to be the reason so far. And yes 4.0 HF3

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 11:09

This is very little to go on though, if you come across this or find more concrete steps to reproduce please report again.

MFG

Ketraar

toolkitxx

Post by toolkitxx » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 10:01

Will do. Replicating the same station setup currently in my running game and will keep an eye on that.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”