No challenge and massive FPS loss do to AI overbuild

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Odstarva567
x4

No challenge and massive FPS loss do to AI overbuild

Post by Odstarva567 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:34

Dear Egosoft,

I am a fairly new player to the X4 universe and I really like what I see so far. The graphics and the size of the universe is amazing.
The biggest problem I have encountered so far are, that there are no challenges in this game after the first 10 hours. Let me explain.

I started playing as the Terran Cadet for my first playthrough. For the first 50 hours, I focused strictly into raising an Economy and building um some miner and trading ships. I never went beyond Getsu Fune at this point.
When my economy was strong enough (I had a small fleet of Gladiuses at this point) i decided to go outside to explore a bit of the Galaxy. To my surprise, every race I encountered seemed to be extremely huge inside multiple systems. Sometimes have more than 100 Stations on a small place. Furthermore, I discovered that i could not do Missions against the Xenons. After discovering every sector, the Xenons have been eradicated entirely. At the moment, every race is moving massive fleets around their Sectors with 50+ ships at the same time without fighting anything. It seems like, everyone is at peace with everyone but is moving massive fleets around all the time.

The same problems occur with stations. I took a Screenshot where we can clearly see more than 60 Stations on a small spot in a sector. (there are a lot of sectors like this in my game)
Every station seems to be pretty basic:
1x S/M dock
1x L/XL dock
1x S storage
1-2x Defense modules

If immage is not loading: https://ibb.co/jMjkBN4

I play completely Vanilla since I prefer to don't use mods and have access to the entire set of feature this game provides.

Is there a way to rebalance the save? To make the Xenons re-apear/more fearsome?
Is there a way that the AI builds fewer Stations to save a bit of FPS (Quality instead of quantity)

Thank you for your help!

Best regards.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No challenge and massive FPS loss do to AI overbuild

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:42

Known and an improvement (and most likely including a fix for existing station overcrowding in saves) is mentioned in the promised 4.10 change list.

"* Improved faction logic to prevent construction of excessive numbers of stations."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: No challenge and massive FPS loss do to AI overbuild

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:03

You can check the ingame encyclopedia for diplomatic war status of the factions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”