[4.0 HF3] Data Mining Achievement - Steam version

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oloka
x4

[4.0 HF3] Data Mining Achievement - Steam version

Post by Oloka » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 10:15

Achievement description is: "Acquire a module blueprint through hacking". My understanding is I did it many times with use of EMP bombs on modules and then scanning all data leaks; one or two times I got a blueprint just like that by scanning an existing data leak. I do not have this achievement still. Can it be some BUG?
If you want me to provide a savefile then please specify what would it be - probably I have already all blueprints but possibly I can find some old savefile when I have less of them. Please let me know if anything other would be useful for you to help to solve or clarify the issue.

BTW any way to confirm if I have all the available blueprints?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Data Mining Achievement - Steam version

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:52

I think the achievement requires that you must get the blueprint on the 4th of 4 EMP dataleak scans (the old mechanism) whereas now the blueprint is usually given on the 1st of 4 leak scans (the new mechanism) and so the achievement is seldom triggered. Effectively the achievement has become out of synch with game mechanic updates.

The best way to confirm your have all BPs is to look in the in-game encyclopedia after you have thoroughly explored the relevant faction's' areas and 'discovered' all their module types. Another way is to go and see each faction's representative and ask for their list of blueprints when you have 20+ rep with them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 13:21

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:52
I think the achievement requires that you must get the blueprint on the 4th of 4 EMP dataleak scans (the old mechanism) whereas now the blueprint is usually given on the 1st of 4 leak scans (the new mechanism) and so the achievement is seldom triggered. Effectively the achievement has become out of synch with game mechanic updates.

The best way to confirm your have all BPs is to look in the in-game encyclopedia after you have thoroughly explored the relevant faction's' areas and 'discovered' all their module types. Another way is to go and see each faction's representative and ask for their list of blueprints when you have 20+ rep with them.
Thanks Alan - I am sure I scanned all 4 leaks after using EMP bombs many times - the 3rd one is getting a blueprint, the 4th is getting some discount I do not understand what it provides...so I was thinking I am doing something not correctly. I started my game with 4.0 H3 version.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 14:00

In the old game mechanism the blueprint itself was only awarded at the point of successfully scanning number 4 of the 4 leaks, and that was what the achievement looked for. Now, as you say, you are more likely to get the blueprint awarded somewhere in the first 3 scans and so that doesn't trigger exactly what the achievement is testing for even if you go on to scan all 4 leaks. You are not doing anything wrong. (Similar report link.)

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 15:10

question is if my report is enough for somebody from @Egosoft will look into it or do I need to provide additional data?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 15:44

No, between your thread and one I linked, there is all the information and evidence they would be likely to need. Whether they will consider it a priority for the 4.10 update is the real question. I will flag it up to them again.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”