[4.0 H3 CoH] BUG - Collect Drops Not Collecting New Drops

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jawms
x4

[4.0 H3 CoH] BUG - Collect Drops Not Collecting New Drops

Post by Jawms » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 04:18

Savegame unavailable due to being a modded playthrough. I do not believe any mods interfere with the behaviour of the command.

If a Collect Drops command is given to an AI pilot who has Cargo Drones he will dispatch them. If new cargo appears while his drones are out the AI will not dispatch new drones to collect the new drops. You instead have to create a new Collect Drops command to have your AI send out new drones.

Easy method to reproduce:

-Find two separate station build storage plots within easy reach of eachother
-Shoot container of first build storage
-Command nearby L transport with Cargo Drones to Collect Drops
-Wait until drones leave L transport
-Move to second build storage and destroy more containers

Expected behaviour: L transport continues to collect drops until there are no more in range, or command is cancelled.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 H3 CoH] BUG - Collect Drops Not Collecting New Drops

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 09:38

This has always been the case for both drone drops collection and AI ship drops collection. On giving the command the collection routes and sequences are calculated and when that pre-planned activity is complete then the command is fulfilled and the ship does the next command or its default behaviour.

You can queue collect drops commands to make multiple passes of the same or different volumes. There may even be a continuous collect drops default behaviour although I cannot recall that for sure.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jawms
x4

Re: [4.0 H3 CoH] BUG - Collect Drops Not Collecting New Drops

Post by Jawms » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 17:23

I do understand that is the current behaviour, however it does not perform as expected. When a new-ish player gives a command to collect "Collect Drops" the expectation is that the ship will collect ALL drops. There is even a convenient circle on the map that dictates what area of drops it is collecting. One would then assume that ALL drops in that zone will be collected, regardless of when they appear.

If having the ship update it's command when a new drop appears is not technically feasible, then I would propose including target lines in the same manner as the "Attack targets in range" command. This would give the player an indication of what actions are being performed and that further containers are not being targeted for pickup.

It is not the function of the behaviour that is the problem, but the lack of transparency for the player as to what is happening.

Thank you Alan for your time in responding to this thread. I remember you moderating these forums and answering questions when I first started playing X3. It's great to see you still at it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”