Slow Very Bad Performance - Microsoft X Box controller issue and a workaround.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

godsring
x4

Slow Very Bad Performance - Microsoft X Box controller issue and a workaround.

Post by godsring » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 09:12

Running on a 3700x Ryzen Processor
32GB of ram at 3200
Nvidia 2060 GPU 6GB vram
NVMe Samsung 980 1tb x2 in RAID 0
The game is running in 1920x1080 and also tried in 4k with the same performance in both...

Latest version 4.0 collectors edition
No Mods
Tried all game modes with similar performance
Extremely low FPS
No changes to PC
I have the DXdiag and Vulkan but I cant attach them on the forums as I dont have the option
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 11. Jun 21, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

godsring
x4

Re: SLOW VERY BAD PERFORMANCE

Post by godsring » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 09:30

I think I have identified the issue maybe... I use a wireless Xbox series X controller when its connected during the game or before the game slows down to a crawl... for whatever reason....

EGOSOFT? Eh comment?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 09:53

Instructions on how to provide the data in your DXDiag and vulkaninfo files are in the very first thread in this forum.

However, if the controller seems to be causing the problem then perhaps a driver update might solve it.

godsring
x4

Post by godsring » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 11:09

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 09:53
Instructions on how to provide the data in your DXDiag and vulkaninfo files are in the very first thread in this forum.

However, if the controller seems to be causing the problem then perhaps a driver update might solve it.
I've got them but cant post attachments on the forums, how can I post them so you can see them as they are to long for a normal post

Also no driver updates are available, its the Official Microsoft XBOX controller... which uses Microsoft auto updated drivers

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Slow Very Bad Performance

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 15:08

You can use a hosting site, like dropbox, googledrive, or similar and then post the link to the files here.

MFG

Ketraar

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:24

I haves used a wireless Xbox controller before in the past with no problems.

If graphics settings have no effect on FPS is might be CPU related. Some things that have helped me in the past.

1. Make sure your CPU isn’t overheating, and try removing any over clock. Higher frequency doesn’t always mean faster at every task.

2. Uninstall Chrome as it has a very annoying background cleanup tasks that can hog your CPU. Had some serious FPS issues until I switched to Firefox, any none chromium based browser would do.

godsring
x4

Post by godsring » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 20:21

Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 15:08
You can use a hosting site, like dropbox, googledrive, or similar and then post the link to the files here.

MFG

Ketraar

I have figured out the cause and it is due to an issue on microsofts end and does not only effect X Foundations ... I also found a temporary fix as apparently Microsoft is not addressing the issue, I would like permission to share this fix with you so that you can share it with others who use Official Microsoft Xbox Series X wireless gamepads.

By enabling the custom Xbox controller support and drivers within Steam you can bypass this issue until Microsoft fixes their Official drivers.
This also works for games which have the same FPS due to the controller that are not on Steam.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Slow Very Bad Performance - Microsoft X Box controller issue and a workaround.

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:53

Feel free to share any insights you have, just make sure to be clear to users where the info comes from.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”