[K002]Plan Build Bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

toplayer
x4

[K002]Plan Build Bug

Post by toplayer » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 21:50

I did not add any turret and shield to the module, so it should not need any Advanced Electronic and Turret Component.
I built several Antimatter Converters already and the building progress has never been interrupted.
https://i.imgur.com/50UHdYZ.jpg

I just finished building all the modules, and I did not add or change anything afterwards, but it still asked me for materials to complete change
https://i.imgur.com/JQsqUPu.jpg

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Plan Build Bug

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:20

Did you have any preset selected or auto-selected that may be trying to populate some of the module's 12 turrets and their shields?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Feloidea
x4

Re: Plan Build Bug

Post by Feloidea » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 00:58

As I can see in your screenshot the game is set to high spec loadout for modules. This means any station module that can slot turrets and shields will have them preselected the moment you add the module to the plan queue. Afaik the game simply defaults to high preset unless you specifically change it in the plan menu and it resets back to default high preset each time you start up the game again.

To change this, you'll have to find the module that's been set to build with turrets (can be a hazzle to find if it's already build as you'll have to manually check each module; production, storage or defense types) and manually change the preselected loadout to empty (or whichever loadout you wish that doesn't conform with the default high preset), then confirm the changes. After that the build storage offers should reset (might take until the current module build process is finished to update). Any already delivered surplus wares for turret and shield construction can then be manually removed from the build storage and put to use elsewhere.

I personally would very much like to see an option to permanently change the default preset to my own liking, either in the game settings like permanent checkbox in the build menu that will enforce the selected new default rather than the current game default high preset, or perhaps simply having the game remember the last selected preset rather than resetting itself each new time you start up the game on the same continuous savefile.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”