Camera Snapping issues.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sachojin

Camera Snapping issues.

Post by Sachojin » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 21:27

- Version 4.0 English
-I have not modified the game in any way (X4 Cradle of Humanity base with DLC)
- Game launches and can be played.
- Exact nature of the problem: I cannot find any reference online of this happening to someone else, but whenever I am in a cockpit, regardless of the ship, the camera view will randomly snap to different locations for a few seconds than snap back to normal (Snaps to the bottom left -> back to center -> snaps to top right -> back to center, and so on), the UI does not follow this and my own attempts to move back to the center view of the cockpit has no effect (no direct action movement works until it snaps back to the center once again, which basically gives me movement control of the ship again. I can still operate the ship, just not the character/camera view which I don't think you should be able to in the first place while in the pilot's seat . It's like my character suddenly wants to look at something else inside the cockpit every 10-15 seconds). This can happen when prone as well as when in mid flight and moving directions. To note, though I have not have had a chance to fully try it yet to see if it is consistent there, I have seen it occur in space suit flight as well, but it does not do it when I am walking around a ship or station.
- Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred: None, I have looked at the Settings but cannot find any relevant options to change in this regard. To note, I have tried with both mouse/keyboard and an Xbox Controller and the issue persists on both.
DxDiag report: Not sure how to share it here.

Any insight or ideas would be appreciated! I really wish to learn/get into this game but this erratic camera snapping makes it quite difficult to properly work a ship.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Camera Snapping issues.

Post by CBJ » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 21:45

It sounds like one of your input devices is sending a rogue signal. Try unplugging your controller, any infra-red devices, and all other USB devices you can, and then start plugging them back in one by one. If it starts happening when one of the devices is plugged in, then you at least know where to start looking!

Sachojin

Post by Sachojin » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 18:44

Hey, thank you for the input. This definitely was a theory as I am on a laptop with a separate mouse & keyboard attachments (and controller). Unfortunately by unplugging all additional peripherals (and reboot), not only did the issue persists, it seemed to get worse somehow haha :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 20:13

Then it sounds as though the laptop itself is generating random spurious control input signals, perhaps from its internal keypad or touch screen. Do you get any odd behaviour on the laptop with other games and applications? Has it been dropped or has something spilled on it recently?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”