[4.0 HF3 + SV] Muon Charger mk 1 shots stick, ricochet and do no damage with sustained fire.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ormac
x4

[4.0 HF3 + SV] Muon Charger mk 1 shots stick, ricochet and do no damage with sustained fire.

Post by Ormac » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 06:58

Using Accomlished Scientist start

When using the Starter Nodon with it's Muon Chargers Mk1 to capture the Minotaur Raider

shots would stick to the target or ricochet off.
Doing a charged volley would appear to do damage only.
I saw the shield recharging under shorter sustatined fire
Sustained fire does respond with usual threats as though damage is inflicted

First time using this weapon so not sure if the sticking and ricocheting is intentional.

Save Game
dxdiag
vulkaninfo

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3 + SV] Muon Charger mk 1 shots stick, ricochet and do no damage with sustained fire.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 08:27

The shot behaviour is intended. The shots that stick should do further damage over time, while the ones that bounce off can potentially hit somewhere or something else. Whether these aspects actually work as well as the devs intended is a slightly different question.

Remember that S size Mk1 weapons are very much starter weapons and do not perform that well against more difficult targets such as M combat ships with reasonable shield recharge rates.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ormac
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3 + SV] Muon Charger mk 1 shots stick, ricochet and do no damage with sustained fire.

Post by Ormac » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 13:53

I can get accustomed to the ricocheting.

I was really wondering if this was a graphical bug with the stuck bullets not making contact because of the shield.

or a bug because of the bullet shield bubble interaction at the end of the bullets life then did not apply damage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”