[4.0 HF3] Weapons and autoaim

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oloka
x4

[4.0 HF3] Weapons and autoaim

Post by Oloka » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 18:21

I assume weapons auto-aim is the game feature however auto-aim is not working for some of weapons available for ships. I can't find any ingame information about it so I assume it is a bug. If it works as intended then I think there should be ingame information what weapon does not have this feature otherwise you are expecting players to guess/to buy and fail.

Example of a weapon auto aim is not working for is the Boson Lance MK2 - there are a few more weapons I know about.

Please let me know if you want me to upload a save file or anything else. Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Weapons and autoaim

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 19:12

The Boson Lance is a long range and very fast bullet weapon and thus any autoaim function within the limitations of the gymbals would not be that obvious to the player. Can you give any more details about what does/doesn't happen that shouldn't/should in your opinion and what other weapons did you mean? Are they all beam/fast bullet weapons?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Oloka
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Weapons and autoaim

Post by Oloka » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 20:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 19:12
The Boson Lance is a long range and very fast bullet weapon and thus any autoaim function within the limitations of the gymbals would not be that obvious to the player. Can you give any more details about what does/doesn't happen that shouldn't/should in your opinion and what other weapons did you mean? Are they all beam/fast bullet weapons?
Weapons I conform auto-aim is not working:
Mass Driver MK2
Boson Lance MK2
Meson Stream MK2
ATF XL Main Battery

For me it looks like these long range weapons are not auto aiming no matter what range is to an enemy. Do you want me to provide other details?

EDIT1:
What I mean by auto-aim is a white dot is following targets, for above weapons it does not happen so they do not auto-aim

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”