Reset pc error

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Reset pc error

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 14:43

Ok, that's temperatures that seem to be staying just within acceptable levels (your graphics card is rated up to 94'C). What about voltages - any rail voltages dropping before the reset?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

neozero
x4

Post by neozero » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 20:45

nothing anormal for the moment and the voltage is normal,i generate another save with quicksave and this run ok now , i dont what is happen , maybe the previous save enter in a bucle and loading another saves this broke the chain ,now the game run normally , maybe is like a previous save i have in the another beta version (3.30 or 3.60 ,i dont remember well) and the game shutdown the pc for enter a specify shipyard station and the another stations i dont have problems , then i thought maybe is normal for the beta and delete this , and the game began to run normally , i dont know what is happen ,but the game run normally now with a new save after load anothers of previous versions.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:58

VRM (voltage regulator module) can cause spontaneous reset or shutdown as well if it runs too hot. There is not any instrumentation on these usually so it can be difficult to know if this is the cause. Given that other parts of the system are ~90 degrees it is possible the VRM might be considerably hotter and close to their maximum operating temperature.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”