Paranid Plot Mission Bug - Probably due to a mod.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Philldoe
x4

Paranid Plot Mission Bug - Probably due to a mod.

Post by Philldoe » Mon, 31. May 21, 20:54

I'll just quote my reddit post on the issue.
This is an interesting bug...

I finally decided to do the Paranid plot in a playthrough. I played all the way up to the point that I needed to talk to the lieutenant at Apotheosis. I decided to come back to the mission later on after I had time to research the results of each choice I knew I was going to have to make. After many in game hours tending to my empire I decided to go back and finish the quest line.

Well when I activated guidance for the mission I didn't get a marker for where Apotheosis was. Luckily I remembered it's general location. Tracked it down to the exact spot and... the ship the lieutenant was supposed to be on wasn't there. The Paranid guy was nearby in his Pegasus, but not the lieutenant and if I tried to raise the Paranid on comms the comms window just closes.

So I guess I'm just stuck here and can't complete the quest. That kinda sucks. I was looking forward to selling tons of gear to Dukes Buccaneers.
This is a modified save using VRO and a few QoL mods. I tested the save with all but VRO disabled and it loaded and played just fine. I did mention this in a comment to my reddit post but was still asked to post this here. I've provided a link to the save on my google drive. It's a massive 1GB in size so I compressed it with 7zip to a tiny 75MB archive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVndRe ... sp=sharing

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Paranid Plot Mission Bug

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 11:34

Hi, thanks for the report and the attached save! Script-wise, the lieutenant's ship is invulnerable at this stage of the mission, but it's destroyed in your save. Since this is also the first time this bug has been reported since the mission got released, it's very likely that a mod removed the invulnerability or otherwise changed the stats of the Paranid Gorgon. If you want to continue, you'll have to reload a previous save and hope that the ship is still there. Sorry!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”