[4.0 HF3] Renaming objects issues - Devs on the case.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oloka
x4

[4.0 HF3] Renaming objects issues - Devs on the case.

Post by Oloka » Tue, 18. May 21, 12:24

Let's assume I have a number of stations and some of them have Miners/Traders assigned. I like to rename ships for one of my stations and there are many of ships to rename. There are two issues related to that action:
1. Select one ship and use RMB to rename it. Home and End keys do not work as they would work in any other text application so user has to use other methods to jump between characters to change a name.
2. Select one ship and use RMB to rename it. Rename a ship and press 'enter' - your screen focus will jump to some other place which is different from a 'long list of ships you wanted to change a name'. Do the same by clicking 'confirm button' instead of 'enter' key - now it works as expected - it leaves the screen focus at the same place allowing you to continue to rename next ship/object because focus was not changed.

Please let me know if you want me to upload a savefile and give you a real example - I assumed it is not needed as above should be repeatable in any savefile.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Renaming objects issues

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. May 21, 13:39

Point 1 is a known issue and is one of a number of limitations in text editing. Some of these are because the keys have other purposes in the menu system, and some are because the functionality simply isn't implemented (we can't use Windows standard functionality for this, so each we have to add each key's functionality individually). We do hope to improve text editing, but I can't give you a timeframe for this.

Point 2 sounds odd and I'll pass it on to the relevant person to investigate.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Renaming objects issues

Post by florianlt » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 11:48

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 13:39
Point 2 sounds odd and I'll pass it on to the relevant person to investigate.
I cannot reproduce the issue. Any additional info would be appreciated. You can also try to retest the issue in our current public 4.10 Beta.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”