[1272][4.0 COH] Ships Idling at NPC Shipyard after Sold

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nflszhu
x4

[1272][4.0 COH] Ships Idling at NPC Shipyard after Sold

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 17. May 21, 20:01

Hi all,

Wanted to see how selling ship to NPC works now so sold 70+ Asgard to the PIO shipyard in Brennan's Triumph. They promptly changed ownership to PIO and sailed towards the shipyard. However, once they got there, they seems to be idling without doing anything and now the shipyard is surrounded by Asgards...

Screenshot of the map: https://imgur.com/t3tbv4b

Save game if needed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdyokwFRl- ... R?e=f19ECA

Please advise if this is working as intended. Note that I also sold about 10 Asgards to Yaki Shipyard in Salvage Spur I and have the same issue.

Thank you!

nflszhu
x4

Re: [4.0 COH] Ships Idling at NPC Shipyard after Sold

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 24. May 21, 04:14

Been several days and those Asgards are still idling around the PIO/YAK shiyards - looks more and more like a bug now...any advise would be helpful :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. May 21, 11:52

Salvaging ships for resources takes time in a maintenance/construction dock, and that would probably be a lot of time for each big capital. You sent a shipyard with limited capital docking (and no doubt other capital construction/upgrade projects) 70+ big capitals for salvage at once, so that traffic jam was probably inevitable.

If you examine the shipyard you should be able to see what it is doing at the moment, its progress towards projected completions and the project queue.

I don't think this is likely to be a very common gameplay scenario and so I doubt that the devs will be very worried. I could be wrong ... :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 24. May 21, 13:59

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 11:52
Salvaging ships for resources takes time in a maintenance/construction dock, and that would probably be a lot of time for each big capital. You sent a shipyard with limited capital docking (and no doubt other capital construction/upgrade projects) 70+ big capitals for salvage at once, so that traffic jam was probably inevitable.

If you examine the shipyard you should be able to see what it is doing at the moment, its progress towards projected completions and the project queue.

I don't think this is likely to be a very common gameplay scenario and so I doubt that the devs will be very worried. I could be wrong ... :wink:
LOL yeah agree this probably won't be a common situation hahahaha
Although I'm pretty sure the recycling process hasn't even started - none of the ships has been recycled or even docked at the 2 shipyards yet, and they are not constructing any XL size ships...Maybe I'll use them as targeting exercise in worst case LOL

Vladus
x4

Post by Vladus » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 19:03

Hello,

This happened to me as well. I sold around 30 destroyers to ZYA and FRF shipyards each and they have been sitting next to the shipyards for a long time now doing nothing. I checked the shipyards from time to time and there are long times in which the shipyards are not building ships and those destroyers are not being recycled.

Besides this, a few minutes before I saved the game I uploaded I sold about 12 destroyers to the HOP shipyard. All of them had recycling orders and 4 were actually recycled but the other ones switched orders from recycling to waiting and not taken into the shipyard to be recycled even if the shipyard is not building anything. I think saving the game might have overriden the recycle order and switched them to waiting.

Save link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JyTEhP ... sp=sharing

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 21:43

This bug is still present in 4.1, a fix would be nice.
Maybe give ships sold to NPC "fly away - despawn" order if they fail deconstruction order, like it was before deconstruction introduction? kind of lazy fix but can resolve the issue, as it seems there is no fail-safe option for this part.

Sehnsucht1985
x4

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 22:49

I'm having the same issue too. Probably close to 100 Asgards floating around at this point. It has been 10-15 hours since I stopped selling them now.
TC: All plots completed. ATF Tyr and Odin successfully boarded. Aran found and boarded.
Fight Rank: Legend

Eyeklops
x4

Re: [1272][4.0 COH] Ships Idling at NPC Shipyard after Sold

Post by Eyeklops » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:54

Do you think this is related? viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442293

Could the AI also be affected by the same code that cancels "stalled" commands?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”