[4.0 HF3] Can't change amounts in Deploy Object At Position command - Devs on the case.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Serun
x4

[4.0 HF3] Can't change amounts in Deploy Object At Position command - Devs on the case.

Post by Serun » Mon, 17. May 21, 18:23

Hello Egosoft,

hope you can comment on my problem. Thank you.

Version: 4.00 (434806) English

Game is not modified. Only vanilla game + 2 DLCs

Game start: Terran Cadet

Nature of the Problem:

Command [Deploy object at position] - Can't change the [ammount to deploy #1] value.
I tried to command a Kukri to deploy a Laser Tower Mk1 in Sector Mars. It starts executing. Then I open the ships behaviour tab and go into the [Deploy Object At Position] command. I try to click on the [Add Amounts to deploy} button and nothing happens. I can't change the amounts to e.g. 10. The Kukri has 25 Laser Tower Mk1 and 25 Friend/Foe Mines on board.
My aim is to deploy like 5 Laser Tower Mk1 in bulk, like the UI indicates.

"Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred." -> Nothing to report.

Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/qYS1Kcd

"Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo" -> Not needed, I think.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Can't change amounts in Deploy Object At Position command

Post by CBJ » Mon, 17. May 21, 18:32

You've provided some good information there, and you're right that we don't need a DXDiag or vulkaninfo in this case, but I think we'll need a savegame to really be able to see whether the game is behaving correctly or not. Please upload one somewhere, such as DropBox or Google Drive, and provide a link. :)

Serun
x4

Post by Serun » Mon, 17. May 21, 18:52

Hello Mr. CBJ :) ,

I don't have Dropbox or Google Drive, only Mediafire. Hope this works for you.

Here the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dszob7lu ... ml.gz/file

The Kukri (Kukri EX) is in sector Mars, executing the order. It may have deployed one Laser Tower, when you finished loading the save. Have fun.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 17. May 21, 19:39

OK, I've spoken to the relevant person and it's currently the intended behaviour that you can't change that number. However I'd agree that the UI is rather misleading there in making you think that you might be able to. We'll discuss how to improve that, and whether or not it's going to be possible to change things so that you can actually specify a number.

Serun
x4

Post by Serun » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:00

Thank you for your time and explanation. I would love to have that option to change it, but I understand If you decide against it.

If I may propose another concept:

Maybe it would be possible to select a group of ships and right click, [Drop Here] Civilian/Military, when they are in formation. Of course only if each of the ships has the same object/deployment on board.
So one could use the formation of the ships to drop mines and make a kind of minefield. Then move the Ships a little back and you got a strategic defense line against an incoming Assault.

Just an Idea :)

Have a good day.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”