[CoH 4.0]Station Miners affected by manual buy amounts

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lychee

[CoH 4.0]Station Miners affected by manual buy amounts

Post by Lychee » Sun, 16. May 21, 23:17

I am playing the Starwars: Interworlds mod, and they have not changed any scripting regarding stations, ship trading etc, nor have they replace wares, or changed the stations. This is still all Vanilla code-base.

So like the title says, this incredibly unclear and irritating problem for me took like an hour to figure out :evil: :

Say you have a L gas miner, you assign them to a station that has 160k units of space for Hydrogen. They then go out and mine 7k units of Hydrogen and have filled up their hold, entirely. Naturally it is now time to go to the station and sell. They go to the station, and in the Logical overview you have set it to manually buy if below 2k units of Hydrogen. Currently the Station is at 1k units of Hydrogen.

It is short 1k Hydrogen, the miner you have assigned to the station will only drop 1k Hydrogen because the manual buy amount affects traders that aren't selling Either the text describing "buy" amounts needs to change or far preferably, the station Miners aren't affected by manual amounts.

As it is now, there is no way to set the station to buy goods if the stocks run low, because the stocks are affected by the purchase offer. If I want to make it work I have to assign the purchase price at lowest price.

This also kind of makes the storage allocation totally pointless, because its totally 100% overridden by the purchase amounts. IF I have miners assigned to a station, or any player for that matter, it should be painfully clear we want that station loaded to the brim. Loaded to the allocated storage amount, not some secondarily important buy offer amount.

Even worse, this means that is actually impossible for me to have a self-sufficient station, because I will always be buying, and miners are coming and selling stuff to me I don't want to buy, but have no way of avoiding.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Station Miners affected by manual buy amounts

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 17. May 21, 00:26

All automated freighters and miners require the stations they service to have buy/sell offers. That's just how the system works. Without buy offers no miner would ever deliver anything.

In my opinion the behavior you observed is correct, but unfortunately it is poorly explained by the game!

Lychee

Post by Lychee » Mon, 17. May 21, 00:34

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 00:26
All automated freighters and miners require the stations they service to have buy/sell offers. That's just how the system works. Without buy offers no miner would ever deliver anything.

In my opinion the behavior you observed is correct, but unfortunately it is poorly explained by the game!
There shouldn't be a buy offer to have free goods delivered.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 17. May 21, 07:51

Lychee wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 00:34
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 00:26

There shouldn't be a buy offer to have free goods delivered.
It has always been like this since the XR/X4 game engine was released back in 2013. So this is probably a core game mechanic that cannot be easily changed. Might even break quite a few trade scripts out there if this suddenly changes.

Lychee

Post by Lychee » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:24

Not being easy to fix and might break mods, is always going to happen. Neither is an excuse for not fixing something that isn't working.

Shepp
x3ap

Re: [CoH 4.0]Station Miners affected by manual buy amounts

Post by Shepp » Fri, 21. May 21, 14:44

The issue the OP described is just how the game is designed. The buy and sell orders are how the AI manages the entire economy. This issue is also somewhat related to the mining issue that others have been talking about. In this particular case the OP capping his "buy to" slider to 2000 means that it will never buy more than 2000 of that resource, regardless of what the storage for that resource is set. This is because mining ships are the only way for resources to get into your stations. That "buy to" slider is really only useful further down the production line when your production modules can not keep up with demand. This also means that none of his miners will ever deliver a full load to this station. If he wants full loads to be delivered he needs to set the slider to at least 7000. Even then it will only partially resolve the issue.

I honestly believe the game is working as intended. I think Egosoft want folks to have to tinker with getting factory production lines to work right. I personally like it but I can see where others would not.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”