Bug: Inventory display stops when displaying on the map

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yimmasabi
x4

Bug: Inventory display stops when displaying on the map

Post by yimmasabi » Tue, 11. May 21, 17:40

X4 4.0 latest patch has this bug.

Press map M
Press inventory for I

it will show inventory and disappear, now you cant see personal properties. Also player information icon doesn't work.

if you save and restart the game all backs normal.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug: Inventory display stops when displaying on the map

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. May 21, 18:00

Is your game modified at all? Those don't sound like problems in the standard game.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 11. May 21, 18:16

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 18:00
I've had that happen several times seemingly when I pressed I while map was on and had a ship communication pop up at that exact time.
(unmodified game, always)
It was fixed only after I took control of another ship and undocked.

If the ship I teleported to was already in space it wouldn't resolve. I know, sounds freak-ish eh? :)

Not sure if it's the same issue as our friend here, but the end result (player info button not working) looks identical, if I remember the situation correctly (hasn't happened in a while).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. May 21, 18:19

It's quite likely that if it happened for you prior to 4.00 and hasn't happened since, that your scenario was fixed, and is unrelated to the OP's problem. My comment was referring to the fact that I am not aware of any known issue with this in 4.00, especially one with such simple steps.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 11. May 21, 18:30

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 18:19
It's quite likely that if it happened for you prior to 4.00 and hasn't happened since, that your scenario was fixed, and is unrelated to the OP's problem. My comment was referring to the fact that I am not aware of any known issue with this in 4.00, especially one with such simple steps.
Prior to 4.0, no, as I practically started playing after CoH.... so only if one of the hotfixes after 4.0 squashed that bug.

But yes, the steps the OP describes sound too simple. I'm pretty sure what I describe happens during a ship conversation pop-up (like found lockbox etc) while "navigating the menus fast" (if that makes sense).

If I reproduce it I'll take a video :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”