[4.0] Mouse steering won't stay off

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[4.0] Mouse steering won't stay off

Post by user1679 » Tue, 11. May 21, 07:54

When I disable mouse steering using SHIFT+SPACE, it works fine. But when I exit the captain's chair and then get back in, it is turned on again and my ship spins
wildly in space because my mouse isn't always centered.

Is there a way to make the toggle actually stay off during transitions and only turn back on when I press SHIFT+SPACE again?

Thanks!

strask412
x4

Re: [4.0] Mouse steering won't stay off

Post by strask412 » Fri, 28. May 21, 17:34

What I can say immediately is that I expect you to succeed in finding a way to get this to stay turned off, because it stays turned off for me. However I can't immediately recall where the setting is. I will investigate and edit back if I find anything.

Edit: I can't find any smoking gun. My settings->controls section is heavily edited to delete all the mouse bindings entirely, though, so maybe that's what worked for me in the end?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 29. May 21, 04:26

strask412 wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 17:34
What I can say immediately is that I expect you to succeed in finding a way to get this to stay turned off, because it stays turned off for me. However I can't immediately recall where the setting is. I will investigate and edit back if I find anything.

Edit: I can't find any smoking gun. My settings->controls section is heavily edited to delete all the mouse bindings entirely, though, so maybe that's what worked for me in the end?
It seems to be inconsistent, almost as if it's a lag issue where the key combination isn't being registered. I noticed it happens more often after I've been playing for a couple hours. Also
usually at that time my FPS starts to fluctuate wildly so it might be input lag that is preventing the keypress from being received before the keypress for "get up".

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sat, 29. May 21, 17:54

user1679 wrote:
Sat, 29. May 21, 04:26
strask412 wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 17:34

It seems to be inconsistent, almost as if it's a lag issue where the key combination isn't being registered. I noticed it happens more often after I've been playing for a couple hours. Also
usually at that time my FPS starts to fluctuate wildly so it might be input lag that is preventing the keypress from being received before the keypress for "get up".
I had a problem with shift-space (toggle flight asssist, in my configuration) not working consistently so I re-bound that function to a single key rather than shift-anything and it seems improved. Your mileage may vary.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”