[4.0] Game unplayably laggy after Curb event - Resolved by reinstall and driver update.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cTrix
x4

[4.0] Game unplayably laggy after Curb event - Resolved by reinstall and driver update.

Post by cTrix » Mon, 10. May 21, 23:41

After visiting the Curbs for the first time and loading in at the throne room my game has been extremely laggy. To the point where it becomes 1 frame per second in busy sectors (example the Terran station defence). I did the same defence on an earlier save and it ran fine. Idk what's causing it. I tried restarting the game, fullscreen modes and low graphics settings. My hardware isn't at fault as you can see in this image. I really don't want to restart a new save but the game is kinda unplayable at this point :<
https://i.gyazo.com/c868e77aded557544e9 ... 418c97.png

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KRSPpj ... sp=sharing

Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.).
4.0; English
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below).
Non
Game start being played.
Fires of Defeat
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.
Extremely low frame rate; All the time; Loading in at the Curb Throne room
Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred.
Nothing really. Updated my gfx drivers but not directly adjacent.
Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to screenshots and crash dump files (see this FAQ entry).
Don't have
Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo (see this FAQ entry).
DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/fRDLZEQe VulkanInfo: https://pastebin.com/7m2Kyrug

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0] Game unplayably laggy after Curb event

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. May 21, 13:33

In a quick check of your DxDiag I noted the following:

1. You have 2 sound devices and drivers (AMD and Realtek) running in parallel and the Realtek driver is outdated. Disable any that you do not use in Device Manager, Sound/Audio Devices (right-click on a device in the list for a disable/enable pop-up). If you keep the Realtek device then you need to update to Realtek HD Audio Codec R2.82 from the Realtek update site.

2. Your Windows Error Reporting is showing a mixed bag of fairly serious issues with GalaxyClient.exe, steam.exe, Radeonsoftware.exe and atkexComSvc.exe (the last is an ASUS BIOS/driver update tool). It might be worth trying to find out why these are happening.

These may not solve your current game issue but could be useful for system stability in the long term if addressed now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cTrix
x4

Post by cTrix » Tue, 11. May 21, 14:35

Ha the real tech driver must be a leftover from when I switched Mainboards I assume that's also why the Asus updated keeps crashing? Thanks.
Edit: The Realtek audio works the desktop speakers. The AMD audio works the sound out of the HDMI port. So turns out I need to update the realteck driver cus I use headphones.

Can you confirm that the lag is part of the save at least?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. May 21, 14:56

That seems likely. Someone will look into it soon.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 11. May 21, 15:24

Two of us have given it a go. I have a very similar system and during that fight, I was getting around 18fps, which is usual for me in the development build. And as soon as I left that sector, I seemed to get a solid 60. So no, nothing apparently wrong. Also tested it with it on Steam and nothing seemed amiss. Once you've sorted out the sound drivers, let us know if that's made any difference. If not, we'll see if there's anything else we can look into.

One question is whether a new game is fine.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

cTrix
x4

Post by cTrix » Tue, 11. May 21, 21:04

That's actually great cus that means I can continue the save if I fix the issue. :D

cTrix
x4

Post by cTrix » Wed, 12. May 21, 08:12

I did a reinstall and updated my sound drivers and it's fixed now :gruebel:

Thanks to the team for the help

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”