[4.0] Ship stuck at two different locations at once - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feloidea
x4

[4.0] Ship stuck at two different locations at once - Fix in a future build.

Post by Feloidea » Sat, 8. May 21, 00:59

So, this is a weird one ... one of my L miners is jumping between two different map locations in the sector. Like, one frame he's at spot X and the next frame he's at spot Y, just warping between the two locations and not doing anything else, effectively frozen.

It happened (with the same ship I beleive though I'm not 100% certain) earlier as well but after giving it a manual command it seemed to have resolved the weird spazzing, except now it's back again and no matter what I try I can't make it unstuck.

Game is running latest patch version 4.0 HF3, 100% vanilla. Here's a download link to the savegame if anyone wants to take a look: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wixt7uip ... ml.gz/file

Fair warning: do **NOT** center your galaxy map on object when selecting the ship in question (Wyvern BGG-599) or it will go nuts.

edit://
So after a couple minutes it appears to have unstuck itself on its own.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0] Ship stuck at two different locations at once

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. May 21, 13:14

Yes, a well-reported issue known to the devs from many previous threads. The problem is that it is intermittent and quite tricky to reproduce as needed on the devs' system, even when using posted saves from reports, and thus the devs aren't quite sure how to go about tackling it.

Maybe your save will do the trick. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sat, 8. May 21, 14:10

Feloidea wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 00:59
So, this is a weird one ... one of my L miners is jumping between two different map locations in the sector. Like, one frame he's at spot X and the next frame he's at spot Y, just warping between the two locations and not doing anything else, effectively frozen.
This has been happening for quite some time, if not always,
but possibly it gets worse with 'size' of the game i.e. number of ships etc I think.

When you re-load a save-game, usually you can't exactly reproduce the effect with any given ship .

However it's getting so prevelant for me now that it's a bit more than just a distraction.

I think it's actually significantly slowing down thing like ships delivering wares to stations,
which is more of a problem...
(reloading typically causes the immediate finish of unloading of wares, c.f. delays for quite some time while flashing).

e.g. here's video, at Ianamus Zure IV, of several (of my) 'docked' ships flashing rapidly,
between significantly different positions,
usually the docked-position & some other position within the same sector, but some distance away:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/X4 2021-05-08 12-35-50.mp4

This still happens (at an even higher flash-rate) when you press pause (all other ships become stationary)
- which might be a clue.

Reloading usually clears the specific problem, but here's a save (just after the above video),
where if you wait a some seconds watching the shipyard at Ianamus Zura IV,
some (random?) selection of ships start flashing between positions (at least on my PC):
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/save_001_FL ... IPS.xml.gz

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. May 21, 13:57

A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 10. May 21, 14:18

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”