Change of the anti-aliasing setting causes crash.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xzantos

Change of the anti-aliasing setting causes crash.

Post by Xzantos » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:05

Hello,

Play X4 Foundations with all DLCs and without mods on a GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram and an i7 8750H.
Now I would like to change my anti-aliasing setting. Unfortunately, this causes the image to freeze. After a short period of time, the game seems to continue to run in the background (the corresponding sound comes on input), but the image remains frozen. Unfortunately, even a new installation does not change anything. This reaction of the game does not depend on which anti-aliasing setting is made.

Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance!!
LG Xzantos

Moin,

Spiele X4 Foundations mit allen Erweiterungen und ohne Mods auf einer GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram und einem i7 8750H.
Nun möchte ich gerne meine Kantenglättungseinstellung ändern. Dies führt leider zu einem Einfrieren des Bildes. Nach einer kurzen Dauer scheint das Spiel im Hintergrund weiterzulaufen (auf Eingaben kommt der entsprechende Sound), das Bild bleibt jedoch eingefroren. Auch eine Neuinstallation ändert daran leider nichts. Diese Reaktion des Spiels ist nicht abhängig davon welche Kantenglättungseinstellung vorgenommen wird.

Kann mir jemand helfen?
Vielen Dank schon mal im voraus!!
LG Xzantos

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Change of the anti-aliasing setting causes crash.

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:16

Please provide a DXDiag and vulkan report, as requested in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. In this case a copy of the config.xml file in your personal folder for the game would also help.

Xzantos

Post by Xzantos » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:37

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 13:16
Please provide a DXDiag and vulkan report, as requested in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. In this case a copy of the config.xml file in your personal folder for the game would also help.
How do you add files in this forum?
And how do you get the Vukan Report?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:48

All the information you need is in this sticky thread at the top of the Tech Support forum. I've also moved this thread over to that forum. :)

Xzantos

Post by Xzantos » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:36

THX ;)
It took longer than i'd like to admit, but here are the files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:58

This might be nothing to do with your X4 issue but your onboard Intel graphics chipset has an incorrect or corrupt graphics driver. I would also unplug any USB devices (graphics or sound) that you do not need while playing X4.

You seem to be having a few Windows Error Report issues with a 3rd party gamemanager.exe. I don't know if you use that with X4.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xzantos

Post by Xzantos » Fri, 7. May 21, 15:18

I have already tried to disconnect all devices from the laptop. Unfortunately that did not help ... But Thanks for your time! :)
Are there any other suggestions? :gruebel:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:14

Please try the following steps, in the order below:
• Remove any external display devices.
• Delete the config.xml file in your personal folder.
• Start the game and make sure the NVIDIA display device is selected.
• Try changing the AA setting again.

Xzantos

Post by Xzantos » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:16

Mhh That also did not solve it. I tryed it a couple of times. In the end not even with an mouse attached. But still got the same problem.

Xzantos

Post by Xzantos » Thu, 13. May 21, 10:30

Small update: I spoke to GoG support. And it seems to help to change the config.xml file.
The config file is saved here: C: \ Users \ * yourusernameHere * \ Documents \ Egosoft \ X4
You can access the directory by using the Run ... window (keyboard shortcut WinKey + R) and entering:% USERPROFILE% \ Documents \ Egosoft \ X4 \

You can edit the config.xml with any text editor (I used Notepad ++).
For example, to disable antialiasing, change:
<antialiasing> msaa_4x </antialiasing>
to
<antialiasing> keine </antialiasing>
and save the changes.
That is not as elegant as changing it ingame but for me it works. So I am fine with that.
Hope it helped ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”