4.0 BUG - Xenon I teleportation

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tarsis
x4

4.0 BUG - Xenon I teleportation

Post by Tarsis » Thu, 6. May 21, 19:22

Hi,

This is to let you guys know of a "bug". Unfortunately, I have not figured out specific steps to reproduce it 100% of the time. The only thing that seems to be consistent is that I've only noticed this happening when I'm controlling my ships out of system.

I have 4 destroyers that engage a Xenon I (I'm controlling them OOS). They're ahead of it, Xenon I is chasing them at the edge of it's range. After awhile, the Xenon I teleports right in front of my ships at close range and starts destroying all of them. It seems to like to teleport to the farthest ship to it (if you imagine an arrow pointing away from the Xenon I, it'll teleport itself in front of the tip of the arrow).

Eyeklops
x4

Re: 4.0 BUG - Xenon I teleportation

Post by Eyeklops » Thu, 13. May 21, 21:48

I have seen a similar event. More than once I had a small fleet (2 Osakas & 12 Katanas) attacking a Xenon "I" and after about 3 minutes the "I" would teleport and I would immediately get the "something hit us" notification from one of the fleet ships. I've seen this happen at least 3 times.

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:54

Eyeklops wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 21:48
I have seen a similar event. More than once I had a small fleet (2 Osakas & 12 Katanas) attacking a Xenon "I" and after about 3 minutes the "I" would teleport and I would immediately get the "something hit us" notification from one of the fleet ships. I've seen this happen at least 3 times.
This has happened MANY times for me now. It seems to happen when one of our ships gets a direct hit from the Xenon ship (haven't seen it happen on other factions) that causes significant damage.

Either this is an actual teleportation bug or the map is not displaying ship movements/locations correctly and it "refreshes" ship positions once we are hit.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. May 21, 12:48

That 'Something hit us' message may be the key to this.

When you have ships in low attention their combat and movement rules may be somewhat different than when in high attention. With the recent change to accurate backgrounds for NPC comms messages, your ship and its immediate combat scene probably have to go into high attention to allow the game to generate the accurate background for the ship captain. Hence the ships in combat maybe appear to 'jump' to updated or different positions from when they were in low attention just before. That's just a theory of mine though, and I may well be completely wrong.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 14. May 21, 13:17

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 12:48

When you have ships in low attention their combat and movement rules may be somewhat different than when in high attention. With the recent change to accurate backgrounds for NPC comms messages, your ship and its immediate combat scene probably have to go into high attention to allow the game to generate the accurate background for the ship captain. Hence the ships in combat maybe appear to 'jump' to updated or different positions from when they were in low attention just before. That's just a theory of mine though, and I may well be completely wrong.
That is definitely what is happening imo. Ive seen this many times with the same results (destroyers killed by K's). Its rather annoying and imo if that is going to happen I hope that ships not in high attention get reverted to the old backdrops.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Fri, 14. May 21, 15:23

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 12:48

I was OOS when this happens. Can watching a fight OOS from the map screen envoke high attention? I didn't think it would. Do you have any references for the "recent change to accurate backgrounds for NPC comms messages"? Sounds interesting and I'd love to read about it. Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: Are you saying the "something hit us" message forces a temporary high attention state where the teleportation is a result of the system recalculating where all ships should be? In my experience it's only the "I" that teleports and 90% of the time all my S sized ships have to do a 180 and travel a bit to resume the attack.

EDIT2: Can we also bring up that it's very un-immersive to watch capital ships in battle spin at 60 RPM on the map. I keep imagining spin induced g-force has turned all my capital destroyer crews into people-paste stuck to the walls.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”