[4.0] MIN Wharf not building ships despite having materials - Devs aware and a workaround.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feloidea
x4

[4.0] MIN Wharf not building ships despite having materials - Devs aware and a workaround.

Post by Feloidea » Thu, 6. May 21, 15:48

Got a rather big issue with the MIN wharf in Eighteen Billion refusing to build ordered ships. My order for a Tern Sentinel (for a TEL trade guild ship procurement mission) has been sitting in the queue for ages now. I've canceled and re-ordered multiple times already to see if that would solve the hickup but to no avail (screenshot with order in queue):

[ external image ] https://prnt.sc/12kt8w6 (link since it won't embed, maybe filesize too big or whatever)

The wharf has no shortage of required materials for ship construction as is shown in screenshot (taken when previous order has already been sitting in the construction queue for a long time already):

[ external image ] http://prnt.sc/12kt5pb

Checked the station's logistical view and it's pretty well stocked in building materials, plus S/M fabrication module says no ships in construction despite orders and required materials:

[ external image ] http://prnt.sc/12kt97q

Here a link to a fileshare with a savegame (valid for 14 days, if the link is dead, pop me a quick message and I'll re-upload): https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0e0km4x ... ml.gz/file

Latest official game version, SV+CoH, complete vanilla without mods (and never had any mods installed in the first place so no errand leftover files). I'd consider this a pretty massive issue considering a couple of ship variants are exclusive to the MIN faction and if the wharf continues to refuse building stuff I'll be potentionally permanently locked out of ship access until I buy the blueprints and manufacture them myself.

So I'd very much appreciate if someone might take a look into this, or if someone encountered that problem and found a way to resolve it, please share.

waynetarlton
x4

Re: [4.0] MIN Wharf not building ships despite having materials

Post by waynetarlton » Sun, 9. May 21, 02:28

In my game, my ship building somehow requires ore, also if it's Teladi, it may require teladianium.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 10. May 21, 14:23

Going to bump this since the MIN Wharf in Eighteen Billion still refuses to operate at all. It has every ware stocked it needs stocked in sufficient quantities to build ships but simply refuses to construct anything and it locks me out of all MIN exclusive ship variants (TEL sentinel pattern ships).

Saleri0
x4

Post by Saleri0 » Sat, 22. May 21, 05:02

Did you guys get anywhere with this?

I have exact same problem with HOP wharf, it has 3 ships in the queue but won't build them or mine either.,

Checked everything, has resources, has build drones etc etc

The obvious problem i can see is that the build queue has 3 NPC in it......starting at build #2.....build #1 is missing and is most likely the problem.

I'm currently trying to decipher the save file xml to manually remove the ships from the build queue, interestingly it looks like there are 7 in the build queue :-

Code: Select all

<buildtasks>
<inprogress>
<build id="[0x4e2e9]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x1066a15]" faction="paranid" time="341690.098" flags="nothing"/>
<build id="[0x8597f]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x1092079]" faction="paranid" time="341729.401" flags="nothing"/>
<build id="[0x8597d]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x10920df]" faction="paranid" time="341729.401" flags="nothing"/>
<build id="[0x8857d]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x10921d4]" faction="paranid" time="341753.827" flags="nothing"/>
<build id="[0x4d577]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x1093fda]" faction="paranid" time="341753.827" flags="nothing"/>
<build id="[0x4d576]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x1093fde]" faction="paranid" time="341753.827" flags="nothing"/>
<build id="[0x8affd]" type="buildship" preexisting="1" builder="[0x1d3048]" component="[0x109219a]" faction="paranid" time="341753.827" flags="nothing"/>
</inprogress>
</buildtasks>

Saleri0
x4

Post by Saleri0 » Sat, 22. May 21, 05:11

Deleted the above but had no affect on the ships in the queue, so i'm obv looking at the wrong place in save game file.

Any ideas where this section is in the file?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 22. May 21, 13:56

If you want help editing the save file then I recommend the Scripts and Modding forum. That's not a subject for Tech Support. :)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 25. May 21, 13:51

Thanks for the report. We've found that the problem was that the module was hacked a while ago but it since got wrecked and recycled and that kind of bricked it from then on. We'll fix it, but if you want to give it a go before the next patch, you could hack it again and then wait for that hack to expire (it will take a while).

And if you're up for editing the savefile, it would be the build processors of that station where 'pause' has a value of around 5000. I think you can get rid of those attributes. That is an unofficial suggestion :wink:
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 25. May 21, 14:31

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 13:51
Thanks for the report. We've found that the problem was that the module was hacked a while ago but it since got wrecked and recycled and that kind of bricked it from then on. We'll fix it, but if you want to give it a go before the next patch, you could hack it again and then wait for that hack to expire (it will take a while).

And if you're up for editing the savefile, it would be the build processors of that station where 'pause' has a value of around 5000. I think you can get rid of those attributes. That is an unofficial suggestion :wink:
That is excellent news, thank you very much. I'll try hacking the production module and see how it goes (how long do those hacks last anyway?).
It's interesting though it was hacked in the first place since, even though it's been a while now and I don't recall with perfect clarity, I'm fairly sure I had never hacked the wharf (wouldn't do me many favours grinding a wharf I need to a halt) ... do NPC pirates also hack production modules?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 08:35

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 13:51

I just wanted to say that this suggestion worked for me. The FRF shipyard and wharf in Heart of Acrimony ALWAYS had issues producing ships in this game, but I didn't really use them a lot, so I didn't care much. ZYA took over the wharf/shipyard, and I was more inclined to use it... but it continued to have plenty of filled storage, but wouldn't produce any ships, for at least the last 24+ game hours.

I hacked both stations, hacked every single terminal on each station, and then set each one to build one ship. It took many hours... I don't think I noticed till half a game day later that both ships had been produced. So it appears that the two ship production facilities are working again. I just had to re-hack them and let the hacks wear off naturally. I doubt I had to hack every terminal, but I figured a clean slate was in order. I've attached my save, in case anyone wants to look. It's vanilla, english, Spear of the Patriarch gamestart. This is a save from just before I hacked the stations.

Save before hacks applied

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”