[Save included] Strange behaviour of repeat orders for selling energy cells

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pares
x4

[Save included] Strange behaviour of repeat orders for selling energy cells

Post by Pares » Sun, 2. May 21, 21:18

4.0 (434806), SV + CoH.
I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong, or it's a bug. To me it certainly looks like the latter, but who knows. So here is what's happening:
  • I have an Energy Cell Factory in Nopileos' Fortune along with 4 other stations.
  • All stations have 200k credits in their account.
  • I have a courier set up with a repeat orders to fill its cargo with ECs at the Energy Cell Factory (max price set to maximum) and then sell them in NF VI and NF II (min price set to minimum).
  • In individual instructions I set a sector travel restriction to allow the two sectors in NF only, and trade restriction to trade with my faction only.
  • The one factory in NF II has almost full stock of ECs, and so has no buy orders for it.
  • The 3 other stations in NF VI need thousands of ECs and all have buy orders for it.
  • Yet what the courier does is that it completely ignores the 3 stations with buy orders for ECs and repeatedly goes to NF II to sell 90-180 ECs to the one station in NF II that has almost full stock.
  • If I remove the sell order for NF II, the buy-sell order is stuck in an endless loop without the courier doing anything.
Save

In this save Courier III has full cargo of ECs and two sell orders for selling ECs in NF VI and NF II (adding another location to an existing sell order instead doesn't change anything, the same thing happens), and it is currently going to sell 180ECs in NF II to a station that doesn't need it and doesn't have a buy order for it (I deleted the buy order at the Energy Cell Factory because that works and it's irrelevant). If you reset the repeat orders and just set a sell order in NF VI, it will be stuck in a [critical] and [executing] state loop.

I have a very similar repeat order set up for Courier II for Medical Supplies and Terran MRE, and it seems to be working fine.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”