[CoH 4.0] CTD on Savegame Load - Probable corruption issue.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AgentJuno

[CoH 4.0] CTD on Savegame Load - Probable corruption issue.

Post by AgentJuno » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:12

Hi,

I am playing a vanilla Terran Cadet start with over 50 days of in-game time logged (thanks SETA!). Recently my game crashed while running and all the recent save games will load to 95 or 100% then crash to desktop. I recently upgraded the ram from 16 GB to 32 GB after I had this problem.

Other save games (with much less time played from different starts), or fresh starts load fine.

I have changed save game settings for compression, updated all drivers, reinstalled X4 itself, all to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated! I was in the midst of expanding my PHQ and doing terraforming missions and I'd hate to start from scratch again.

System Model: MS-7A38
BIOS: B.40 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (6 GB of vRam)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [CoH 4.0] CTD on Savegame Load

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:22

We'll need a bit more information to have much chance of helping, as set out at the top of the forum:

• Your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, rather than just a few system highlights
• Whether or not your game is modified

If it's not modified, then uploading one of the saves somewhere and providing a link would help a lot too. :)

AgentJuno

Post by AgentJuno » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:28

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:37

I'd advise updating the sound drivers for your Realtek device (from the Realtek site, not Windows Update), and possibly disabling the NVIDIA sound device. There also appear to be a number of issues with other things crashing on your system, including Windows Update itself, which could indicate a system configuration issue that might be causing problems for you.

I'll get someone to take a look at your savegame.

Edit: We can confirm the crash, and someone will take a closer look at it as soon as possible.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 15:35

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you; we haven't forgotten you, though!

After more detailed investigation, we've established that the type of corruption displayed by your savegame is the kind of thing that would occur with a memory or hard disk error. It's a single character that's been replaced with something invalid, unfortunately corrupting the file in such a way that the loading routines are unable to recover from the problem.

We are as sure as we possibly can be that this is not something the game can have done itself while writing the file, and the only additional advice we can offer at this point is to do a thorough test of your system memory (using a tool such as MemTest86) and also to check your hard disk for possible errors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”