[4.0 HF3 + DLCs][Terraforming] Frontier Edge gained extra pressure out of nowhere

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vilmu
x4

[4.0 HF3 + DLCs][Terraforming] Frontier Edge gained extra pressure out of nowhere

Post by Vilmu » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 11:56

Planet: Messner / Frontier Edge.
Problem: Atmospheric Pressure went up own its own.
Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti4tx9im84lkq ... eUp.xml.gz

As my second to last project, Arcology, was about to finish, I was checking out if I have the materials for winter resort material costs and noticed that atmospheric pressure suddenly doesn't meet the requirements anymore. It's now too high!
I build Targeted Outgassing early on, because it was the only other project that adds pressure (without negative effect of methane), and actually puts the pressure to 5 which is exactly what winter resort wants. But it seems either something else adds pressure without the game telling so, or there's a bug.

Hopefully the terraforming project is not screwed now, because I would have to rollback my save 48-50 hours because I don't happen to have one that's just before I started outgassing (I don't think I have, still have few savegames to check out.).

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3 + DLCs][Terraforming] Frontier Edge gained extra pressure out of nowhere

Post by DocAce » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 09:42

Atmospheric pressure is also affected by adding or removing gases like oxygen, at a scale of 4 to 1. An upcoming update will add projects to change the air pressure directly.

LoGyMW

Re: [4.0 HF3 + DLCs][Terraforming] Frontier Edge gained extra pressure out of nowhere

Post by LoGyMW » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 00:41

You likely resolved the issue by now, but for anyone else that might have the same problem, i had this happen to me as well. But once it did happen, then an extra option to drop more ice became available which i did and then i was able to build a winter resort after that. Im guessing Humidity and Pressure may be connected as well

bagmenot
x4

Post by bagmenot » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 05:04

I got the problem again.

In terraforming Messner (Frontier Edge), I did targetted outgassing, I have now one square of extra pressure.

I had to fix atmospheric nitrogen 3 times to get the pressure right again.

Version 4.20.0.0

ps : will you consider your client that want to play modded game by a separate server for them instead of locking them away from all online features ???

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 13:35

bagmenot wrote:
Tue, 15. Feb 22, 05:04
I had to fix atmospheric nitrogen 3 times to get the pressure right again.
So this proves the problem is fixed? The original report was that such projects were not available and so it was not possible to fix pressure once too much gas was added to the atmosphere.
bagmenot wrote:
Tue, 15. Feb 22, 05:04
ps : will you consider your client that want to play modded game by a separate server for them instead of locking them away from all online features ???
There are technical reasons why modded ventures would not be a good idea. For example, how to deal with the case that 1 client sends a ship type that the other client does not have? Or that the same ship type is different between 2 clients?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”