4.0 BUG - Preferred build method not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tarsis
x4

4.0 BUG - Preferred build method not working

Post by Tarsis » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 19:06

Terran Cadet start, no mods

I assume that "Preferred Build Method" refers to loadout components when building a station (No in-game explanation for what that is).
I tried changing my Preferred Build Method both in global settings and on individual stations to "Universal", but whenever I select any loadout in the build section it only loads Terran components and I have to change them individually.

I only use Terran modules/components if I'm building Terran production in or near Terran space. Building Terran modules on the other side of the map is not viable. The modules are a lot more expensive, most of the time traders don't even see the buy orders and if they do it takes an eternity to get across the map. So, I'm not sure why one would assume the default should be Terran.

Shouldn't the default components/loadouts be based on the module? i.e. Terran defense platforms and modules defaults to Terran shields and turrets and the other modules default to universal unless a default preference is changed?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 4.0 BUG - Preferred build method not working

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:20

Can you provide a savegame where you're at the appropriate point to see this, so that someone can take a look?

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 11:35

On this save I have the Preferred Build Method set to Universal.

The Holy Vision Factory (there is only one but ID:VAL-256) currently has the loadout for modules set to empty. If you change the loadout, it will automatically fill with Terran modules instead of Universal; thus adding Computronic Substrate, Metallic Microlattice and Silicon Carbide to the build material's list.

Save file: https://we.tl/t-n5adbh79p6

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 22:59

Hi

I was wondering if there has been any update on this issue, since it seems to still be happening.

The "Global setting" for Preferred Build Method has no affect. My global preference is set to "Universal" but the game only adds Terran equipment to every module when building a station.

Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”