[4.0HF3] AI collected drops which are inventory items are vanishing - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oloka
x4

[4.0HF3] AI collected drops which are inventory items are vanishing - Explained.

Post by Oloka » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:53

I ordered a huge field of 'mining' drops to be collected by my personal ship captain. Drops are vanishing from the map however they are not appearing in my inventory. I do not see how inventory items can be 'collected' by an AI, 'vanishing' from the map and not be in player inventory after all (the same is for AI collected lockboxes but I do not have a proof for lockboxes now - a general order to collect lockboxes).

Either AI should not collect inventory items or items should appear in my inventory after they are 'collected'. Am I missing something?

Link to my save file is below. Explanation to it:
0. I have one 'lodestone' in my inventory except of other things - please ignore them.
1. You should be in 'My Katana' ship and AI should be driving this ship (waiting for orders).
2. Open the map and order 'My katana' ship to collect a near by lodestone, no mater if it is this close by drop or a general order to collect drops. Ship should start with this nearest 'lodestone' drop.
3. 'Lodestone' should be collected and vanished from the map, it does not appear in player inventory though.
4. You can load the same savefile and collect the item by piloting the ship yourself - it works as expected.

Save file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s06nd4ngns2ce ... ml.gz?dl=0

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0HF3] AI collected drops which are inventory items are vanishing.

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 13:00

They don't just magically appear in your inventory if they are collected by another pilot; they appear in that pilot's inventory. You need to tell them to deposit it in the inventory deposit in your HQ. :)

Oloka
x4

Re: [4.0HF3] AI collected drops which are inventory items are vanishing.

Post by Oloka » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 13:24

Thank you CBJ, That would explain my concern about vanishing things, please give me some time to play with what you have explained before this topic can be closed.

Oloka
x4

Re: [4.0HF3] AI collected drops which are inventory items are vanishing - Explained.

Post by Oloka » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 12:57

I was playing with it a bit and I can't find how to tell pilots to deposit their inventory in my HQ - can someone help me with this, please?
-or even better-
How to check if one of my pilots has something in an inventory.

In this one specific case I was able to talk to my pilot and there was an option to move his inventory to my inventory (I was on that ship, not piloting it) but how should I know if dozens of other pilots from my 'random' fleet have collected something, please advise. Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0HF3] AI collected drops which are inventory items are vanishing - Explained.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 15:11

In the 'My Property' screen, the top right tab is 'Ships with inventory'. Any ship whose pilot has some can be ordered to drop inventory off at the PHQ. Also you can teleport or fly to the relevant ship and get aboard and then talk to the pilot where one option is to hand over any inventory to yourself.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 07:20

Perfect, Thank you!

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 16:12

And the inventory is seen under the "Crew"-tab. I would have never looked there.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”