[4.0 HF3] "Sweet Jack" Invulnerable - Fixed in a future update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bigror
x4

[4.0 HF3] "Sweet Jack" Invulnerable - Fixed in a future update

Post by Bigror » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 17:37

Version: 4.0 HF3, English
Game is unmodified.
Game start: Terran Cadet

After having completed the Covert Operation plot, I noticed after quite some time, that the "Sweet Jack" was still roaming Second Contact II.
In this playthought I've decided to pit the Terrans against the Argon, and so the Sweet Jack went on to attack a station in Second Contact II.
Now the ship is stuck above a defence station and it simply will not get below 20% hull, while the entire defence station is firing all it has at the ship.
It doesn't make a difference whether I'm in sector or out of sector. Also, a reload does not resolve this.

Savegame is right in front of the ship.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoiqWBvwNCiJtgI6wAL ... t?e=3E3VQQ

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] "Sweet Jack" Invulnerable

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 22:19

Possibly its despawn conditions were never met? A lot of spawned mission objects should despawn it left alone out of sight, but if that never happens then maybe they cannot despawn.

Bigror
x4

Post by Bigror » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 08:23

Possibly! The ship does still remain, attacking said station, after about 3 hours OOS.

Frankly, I do not recall the exact circumstances that lead to this.

Phipsz
x4

Indestructible Veles

Post by Phipsz » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 07:04

In the attached save, you'll find yourself watching a fight between an indestructible Veles (Sweet Jack) and an Antigone Defence Platform (mission built) in a perpetual fight, with no possible winner.
For the respective mission, I gave the intel to Antigone, Salman Red(?) was killed in action.
savegame: https://easyupload.io/av1ol3

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Fri, 28. May 21, 23:50

Same issue, Split start, no game mods, left Sweet Jack alone for at least a day OOS (Terran / Antigone quest chain completed fully). Ship hasn't despawned, and is stuck at 20% hull harassing defense station.

Savegame: https://gofile.io/d/HRTfMu

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 31. May 21, 21:46

I don't have a save game to contribute because it was my previous playthrough, but I had the same issue when I set the argon/antigone people to war against the terrans.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

AdrianH
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by AdrianH » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 15:31

Hey!

Thank you all for uploading these saves. I was able to identify what's going on and the bug will be fixed with the next update.

Adrian

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”