[4.00 HF3] Broken "assign trader" upkeep on mining station

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

[4.00 HF3] Broken "assign trader" upkeep on mining station

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:03

I've created non-producing mining station to gather resourcess and ferry them to my other stations.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 26A1C9AB7/

I assigned to trading both normal trader (Frog) and mining ships as traders (Cranes) - neither seems to clear the upkeep missions:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3512B4EF8/

Here are screeenshots of my station configuration (I manually added Ore and Silicon with automatic buy/sell orders with the restriction that only my ships can trade):
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... A046FDE16/

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.00 HF3] Broken "assign trader" upkeep on mining station

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:16

I think the devs would need a link to a vanilla save to unpick this as the screenshots do not show the configurations, crew and orders for the Cranes and station, and whether they can actually trade solids from your station to elsewhere.

Does your station have a suitable manager?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:45

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:16
I think the devs would need a link to a vanilla save to unpick this as the screenshots do not show the configurations, crew and orders for the Cranes and station, and whether they can actually trade solids from your station to elsewhere.

Does your station have a suitable manager?
Yes I level up manager with seminaries and they ferry ore and silicon to my other station - the upkeep mission still remain.

The game is vanilla, no mods installed.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 07:50

Unless the station is trading or processing any container ware, the upkeep mission is not able to be completed.

From my experience, one way to recreate...
  • Create a trade station. This is basically a dock with storages for all kinds of wares including mineables.
  • Add only mineables as trade wares to trade station in logical overview. For example buy and sell ore with buy being restricted to player only.
  • Assign miners to support trade station. For example some solid miners to mine for station and some solid miners to trade for station.
At this stage there will be an upkeep mission requesting to assign a container trader as a trade subordinate to the trade station. Assigning such a subordinate will not complete the mission.

Adding any container ware as a trade ware and then assigning a container trader to the trade station will complete the upkeep mission.

This can also be recreated during any station construction. Place down a production station with dock and storage built first. Let it progress to the point the first production module is being built but not finished yet. There will be an upkeep mission to assign trader to the station. Trying to assign a container trader as trade subordinate will not complete this upkeep mission. However once the first production module is finished, assigning a new container trader to the trade station will complete the upkeep mission.

I suspect the issue is that the assign container trader upkeep mission can only be completed if the station deals with at least 1 container ware type that is not just for drones or missiles.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 07:50
Unless the station is trading or processing any container ware, the upkeep mission is not able to be completed.

From my experience, one way to recreate...
  • Create a trade station. This is basically a dock with storages for all kinds of wares including mineables.
  • Add only mineables as trade wares to trade station in logical overview. For example buy and sell ore with buy being restricted to player only.
  • Assign miners to support trade station. For example some solid miners to mine for station and some solid miners to trade for station.
At this stage there will be an upkeep mission requesting to assign a container trader as a trade subordinate to the trade station. Assigning such a subordinate will not complete the mission.

Adding any container ware as a trade ware and then assigning a container trader to the trade station will complete the upkeep mission.

This can also be recreated during any station construction. Place down a production station with dock and storage built first. Let it progress to the point the first production module is being built but not finished yet. There will be an upkeep mission to assign trader to the station. Trying to assign a container trader as trade subordinate will not complete this upkeep mission. However once the first production module is finished, assigning a new container trader to the trade station will complete the upkeep mission.

I suspect the issue is that the assign container trader upkeep mission can only be completed if the station deals with at least 1 container ware type that is not just for drones or missiles.

Yes - this is the situation as you described in my game - I made pure solid/liquid station with no container wares, thus I cannot finalize upkeep mission.
It would be good if assigning miner to trade would clear the upkeep mission.

fluffle
x3ap

Post by fluffle » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 22:14

I wanted to add a "me too" to this issue, since I find the upkeep missions very handy to identify things I've forgotten in my burgeoning empire. I have the same problem with upkeep missions for trade-only stations that are only trading solids / liquids. Concrete example:

Trade station in Pious Mists IV: 5x L Solid Storage, 5x L Liquid Storage, 1x S Container Storage; docks etc.
- 1 Gas Miner subordinate (to complete upkeep mission, most miners are "mimic orders" sector miners)
- 1 Mineral Miner subordinate to complete upkeep mission, ditto)
- 1 Gas Trader subordinate
- 10 Mineral Trader subordinates
- 0 Container Trader subordinates
- Station trades limited to my faction
- Subordinate trades blacklisting HOP
- Trade wares selected (buy/sell): Ore (45/51), Silicon (120/132), Methane (45/49)

I have an upkeep mission for this to add a trader subordinate. Adding a random S trader to trade for the station does not complete this mission. Adding energy cells to the trade wares selected, while not even creating buy/sell orders, allows me to complete the upkeep mission.

I also have noticed a related problem with upkeep missions. I built a station producing Hull Parts in Trinity Sanctum III. Originally it was self-sufficient -- all it needed were miners to supply raw materials. I have now progressed to the point where I have stations for each refined good, so I migrated to depending on those stations for the Graphene and Refined Metal needed as inputs. To do this, I:

- Disabled any trades for Ore / Methane, and let stocks run down.
- Configured Repeat Orders traders to deliver Graphene and Refined Metal.
- Deconstructed the Graphene and Refined Metals factories and the Solid and Liquid storage

Despite this, the station still wanted me to provide a Solid and Liquid miner subordinate even though the logical overview screen shows no need for the raw materials and there is no storage to store them. Fortunately in this case, temporarily assigning miners to complete these missions worked!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 19:14

The devs were made aware of the original upkeep mission issue for non-container ware stations. I cannot promise if or when anything may come of that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Old Drullo321
x4

[4.10] Station Upkeep Mission for Raw Materials - Doesn't take notice of raw material traders

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 12:52

Screenshot: https://abload.de/img/screenshot587dqjnm.png (german version but it basically shows an upkeep mission to assign a miner to a station)

The Upkeep Mission Manager tells and forces me to assign a raw materials miner to a station which uses raw materials as input. With the introduction of assigning raw material ships (mineral, gas) as traders, the upkeep mission manager should acknowledge and consider this instead forcing me to assign a dead ship to this station.

This was probably overlooked when the other feature was introduced.

One counter argument you may come up with: The trader may not work, so you should better assign a miner. I say: You can also assign a miner which does not work because you messed up the settings.

Version: X4 Foundations - Steam - German - 4.10 (458643)
Game isn't modified at all - Pure Vanilla
Gamestart: Project Genesis (CoH)
Last edited by Ketraar on Mon, 4. Oct 21, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing report

keeshah
x4

Post by keeshah » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 17:03

Hiho,
I'd like to add a me too to this, since the same thing happens to every scrapping factory out there.
Cheers.
Keeshah.

stb.rweckener
x3ap

Post by stb.rweckener » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:39

I have the same problem with the scrap factories :(

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 15:50

So it's been more than two years, when will this be fixed?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 16:15

Don't dredge up two year old reports from old versions of the game. If you think there is still a problem (or more likely a different problem with similar symptoms), start a new thread and provide the information requested at the top of the forum. Including an unmodified savegame in your report drastically increases the chances of something being fixed. The sticky thread at the top of the forum also explains how to do this.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”