4.00 HF2 Vanilla - Mission Bug - By Invitation Only - Cannot replicate.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

qwid
x4

4.00 HF2 Vanilla - Mission Bug - By Invitation Only - Cannot replicate.

Post by qwid » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 23:46

This has been reported previously but previous patches have also reported fixing it.

New play through starting on Terran 4.00, updated to HF2, no mods.

The Hatikvah storyline with Dal Busta, mission name By Invitation Only.

I progressed the plot with 2 lodestones in my inventory and the mission bugged out wanting me to dock at the station but Dal Busta never appeared to talk to him.

I reloaded a recent save, ejected lodestones from inventory and progressed the plot. It worked correctly when I picked up the same lodestones I ejected.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.00 HF2 Vanilla - Mission Bug - By Invitation Only

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 10:13

It sounds as though you worked around the issue just by reloading. It seemed to me during my play of that plot that it was the *getting or having* 2 lodestones in inventory that progressed to the dock at station bit, as the lodestones were never actually used for anything after that in the mission but it progressed normally for me still with them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imuniser
x4

Post by Imuniser » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 12:30

In my game, even though I had several in my inventory, it only counted those I've picked up after the mission start so I am guessing it is the getting part rather than having them.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 12:27

If you already have lodestone in your inventory, the mission is supposed to continue as you'd expect. I've just tested it myself and it seems to work. If you happen to have a savegame where this is still an issue, could you please host it somewhere.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

rhschmi
x4

Re: 4.00 HF2 Vanilla - Mission Bug - By Invitation Only - Cannot replicate.

Post by rhschmi » Wed, 12. May 21, 21:21

I just ran into this problem now. It's apparently still an issue. On latest version. Vanilla, Terran start.

On mission By Invitation Only. Had Lodestones in inventory, so mission skipped to ask to dock at a station and talk to Dal Busta. When I dock at the station and get out, the mission indicator says to undock. When I get back in ship and undock, it says to land at the station I just left and talk to Dal. No way to move forward. Reloading game is no help.

I will set aside save and try to eject lodestones and pick them back up to hopefully resolve.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 12. May 21, 21:34

Unfortunately the OP never did provide a save, so if there was indeed a problem then it's probably still there as we wouldn't have had a means to investigate further. Perhaps you could provide a save.

rhschmi
x4

Post by rhschmi » Thu, 13. May 21, 02:13

Here is a link to a save file exhibiting the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kim3xwyrsif7e ... 4.xml?dl=0

xuancong

Post by xuancong » Tue, 6. Sep 22, 12:19

I confirm this bug still exists on 5.0 (Tides of Avarice). The module that leads to Dal Busta does not exist. Standing anywhere on the station the yellow guide asks me to go to the transporter. But then none of the modules is yellow.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 6. Sep 22, 12:31

Please don't dredge up old reports from previous versions. If you have details of an issue in the current version, start a new thread, give it an appropriate title, and provide the information requested in the very first thread in this forum. In most cases, a savegame demonstrating the problem is pretty much essential.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”