[4.0 HF1] Spoils of Victory quest. Issue with Terran fleet. - Improvements in a future update.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Matthew94
xr

[4.0 HF1] Spoils of Victory quest. Issue with Terran fleet. - Improvements in a future update.

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 22:48

I describe the issue in more detail in this thread.

The specific issue is that upon reaching Savage Spur I, the Terran fleet just idles in the sector. They attacked nearly every Xenon station that they passed from Sol to Savage Spur. Upon reaching Savage Spur, they idled and then seemed to drift away and attack another Xenon station (I couldn't see exactly because they were out of radar range but their position is given by the quest marker and they were next to a Xenon station).

The entire quest is botched because it took the Terran fleet about 1-2 hours with a lot of SETA to make it to Savage Spur (with interventions to help destroy the stations they were attacking) upon which they did nothing. Considering one of their targets was a Xenon Wharf, it's probable that the fleet would never have made it to Savage Spur I under expected circumstances.

Here's my save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmEj3S ... sp=sharing

Additional required info
Version: 4.0 HF1 English
No mods
Terran Cadet game start
Dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGy1MY ... sp=sharing

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0 HF1] Spoils of Victory quest. Issue with Terran fleet.

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 16:13

Just to clarify: By "Spoils of Victory quest", you're not in fact referring to the mission with the title "Spoils of Victory", but to the mission with the title "War of Intervention" that just so happens to have "Spoils of Victory" as a reward? Or did you manage to destroy the station at some point and the mission "Spoils of Victory", which triggers afterwards, got stuck?

Matthew94
xr

Re: [4.0 HF1] Spoils of Victory quest. Issue with Terran fleet.

Post by Matthew94 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 16:55

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 16:13
Just to clarify: By "Spoils of Victory quest", you're not in fact referring to the mission with the title "Spoils of Victory", but to the mission with the title "War of Intervention" that just so happens to have "Spoils of Victory" as a reward? Or did you manage to destroy the station at some point and the mission "Spoils of Victory", which triggers afterwards, got stuck?
Yes, it's War of Intervention. I misread the reward as the title. It's part of the "Fate of the Yaki" storyline.

Here's a general timeline of that quest.
  • I found the Yaki station and spoke with the commander
  • I met the Terran wingman who is now with the Yaki
  • We fly to the amplifier
  • I'm given a branching set of quests to destroy the amplifier, drop some beacons for the Yaki, or tell the Terrans about the Yaki.
  • I flew to the Terrans and got them to send a fleet.
  • An hour+ (with SETA) later the Terran fleet still hadn't arrived so I destroyed the amplifier on my own with the Syn that you're given
  • Another hour or so passes with SETA. The Terran fleet still hasn't arrived.
  • It's stuck fighting various Xenon stations along the way to Savage Spur I.
  • I destroy one of these stations and the last two ships in the fleet finally make it to Savage Spur I (this is where my save is)
  • The Terran fleet proceeds to idle, doing nothing
  • I destroy the Yaki station on my own. This took 30-60 minutes and the Terrans did nothing. When I last checked on them, they were next to yet another Xenon station and were presumably fighting it. I finished destroying the Yaki station and left the sector.
The problem seems to be that the Terrans don't place any priority on the objective of the Yaki station and thus are distracted by every threat they encounter. Considering these sectors are filled with Xenon, they'll never make it to the Yaki station under normal circumstances.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0 HF1] Spoils of Victory quest. Issue with Terran fleet. - Improvements in a future update.

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:31

I have to take that back, actually. The "Spoils of Victory" mission indeed did not trigger after the destruction of the HQ. That's going to be fixed in a future update, and saves which are already beyond that point will get the reward items added to the player's inventory directly.

In your save, the Spear of Odin has an attack order on the HQ. The issue with the movement will be forwarded to the respective dev.

Matthew94
xr

Re: [4.0 HF1] Spoils of Victory quest. Issue with Terran fleet. - Improvements in a future update.

Post by Matthew94 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 20:26

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:31
I have to take that back, actually. The "Spoils of Victory" mission indeed did not trigger after the destruction of the HQ. That's going to be fixed in a future update, and saves which are already beyond that point will get the reward items added to the player's inventory directly.

In your save, the Spear of Odin has an attack order on the HQ. The issue with the movement will be forwarded to the respective dev.
Thanks for looking into this issue.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 20:49

Glad to see this being addressed. In my save the Spear of Odin just sat in Matrix 79B and fired a few burst at the shipyard there then just idled never moving towards Savage Spur.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 12:14

Update: In a future update, the AI will get a slight adjustment to make the Asgard move close enough to the scattered Asteroid Turrets in Savage Spur I that it can actually fire at them. It will be able to reach the real target of the mission after that.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”