[4.00 + SV & CoH] Virpil Control Panel not recognized by X4

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cougar_DK
x3tc

[4.00 + SV & CoH] Virpil Control Panel not recognized by X4

Post by Cougar_DK » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 07:23

Hi
I just got one of these:
https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-control-panel-1.html

The Control panel is connected as a standalone usb device along with the rest of my Virpil gear. X4 just don't see it in the list of joysticks/controllers attached to my pc. The Control Panel has 2 axis and the rest is normal buttons.

Any suggestions to things I could try to make it work or is it up to Egosoft to decide if they want to support this unit?

Best regards
Mark
Last edited by Cougar_DK on Fri, 9. Apr 21, 11:16, edited 2 times in total.

Cougar_DK
x3tc

Re: [3.30 + SV] Virpil Control Panel not recognized by X4

Post by Cougar_DK » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:51

I have semi-solved this by using vJoy and Joystick Gremlin. It seems that X4 only recognizes controllers with at least three analog axis. The control panel only has two...

So I have made a virtual joystick with 32 buttons and 3 axis, and mapped the two axis and 32 buttons. I then created another virtual joystick and mapped that last buttons since the controller has 41.

I really wish that Egosoft someday will re-write their controller support so we don't have to do all this.

If you need testers along the road I'm more than willing to help you out. I have 2 Virpil Sticks, Virpil Throttle, Virpil Pedals, Virpil Control Panel #1 and Virpil Control Panel #2 on its way . So a lot of controllers and none of them chained, i.e. they are individually connected to an usb-hub :)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: [4.00 + SV & CoH] Virpil Control Panel not recognized by X4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:01

I don't know if this is relevant but I'll share anyway and you can decide...

X4 analogue axis control seems to only want axis explicitly named X, Y, Z etc I had to use the Virpil control panel to reconfigure the names of my pedals to get them to be recognised

Cougar_DK
x3tc

Post by Cougar_DK » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 16:46

BigBANGtheory wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:01
I don't know if this is relevant but I'll share anyway and you can decide...

X4 analogue axis control seems to only want axis explicitly named X, Y, Z etc I had to use the Virpil control panel to reconfigure the names of my pedals to get them to be recognised
Ok, so it's even more restrictive :)

Thanks for sharing.

dramamoose
x4

Post by dramamoose » Sat, 7. Jan 23, 07:59

For those who found this via Google like I did, you don't need to use JoystickGremlin to achieve this. Just go into VPC Configuration Tool, open the Panel, go to 'Axis', double click in the grid and add an 'x', 'y', and 'z' axis. You don't need to select any other options (although if you wanted to, you could make the rotary switches virtual axis, but that's beyond the scope of this).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”