v3.3 cant build HQ

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

v3.3 cant build HQ

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 13:48

Bozota told me to build a landing bay and a storage on the HQ, I selected the builder and gave it some money, and left it. 10 hours later and the first module isnt even built.

I checked the build que later and the builder still hadnt got to my HQ in 11 hours, I couldnt cancel that builder, I cant hire a new 1 because the build que is locked to that builder, and its all greyd out.

Theres no way to research anything and scanning station modules doesnt unlock them.

I assume the builder was destroyed along the way and it wont let me hire a new one.
Just... another... bug.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: v3.3 cant build HQ

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 14:10

The fact that even you have assume things means that the devs have no real chance of helping you. You need to provide a link to a vanilla save as a minimum. How are you resourcing the build and are there sufficient resources in the build storage? The NPC builder will wander off if it cannot start work in good time.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 15:16

Its not a vanilla game. Who plays vanilla nowa days? He never showed up in the first place. There was no builder in any nearby sector to the HQ and found a builder later in Argon space, I hired him and it flew right through a battle with the Xenon and dissapeared. Never to be seen again.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2215420498
Just... another... bug.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 15:23

See if anything here helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 16:19

Ah so there are others who are having this problem. Theres no suggested fix in that thread, just trying to narrow down what might be causing it.
Just... another... bug.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 12:56

I remember what happened now.

After waiting 8 months for version 3.0 I restarted my game when the DLC came out earlier this year. I played for a while and build a basic dock for Bozota to land and finish the HQ mission. Then I instructed the builder to dismantle the dock and rebuild it with 2 fancy x3 docks. After the builder removed the old dock he just left rather than continue the work on the station. THAT BUG HAS BEEN IN THE GAME SINCE THE 1.0 GAME WAS FIRST RELEASED. Except in v3.0 he was not removed from the build list when he left so I coudnt hire another builder. The box was greyed out and after wating 10 hours my HQ would not build, I was pretty pissed off and just uninstalled the game. I completely forgot about it by the time the new DLC was announced and I reinstalled the game again. I've played for another 10 hours and every hour I'm reminded how much is broken with X4. You would expect that some of the problems had been fixed by now and some of them have, but theyve only been replaced with more glaring issues with the game. Sure the new DLC sounds interesting, but I can only imagine what else is going to break, cause we know that the DLC will need a crap load of patches to fix THAT too. I'm reminded now of why I stopped playing.
Just... another... bug.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 14:16

The changelog for 3.20 wrote: • Fixed Construction Vessels disengaging while modules are recycling before new build starts.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 16:05

So my save was from the 3.0 version. Are you telling me I have to restart the game AGAIN? Or am I going to have to wait for Egosoft to put in a function or button that checks that there is an actual builder for that station? Im guessing if Egosoft get around to doing that I'll be waiting till next march again.
Just... another... bug.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 16:36

No, I'm not telling you that. In fact asking people to restart their game is something we work very hard to avoid, and we have not done so for any issue that I'm aware of since X4 was released. What I'm telling you is that, contrary to your assertion above, the problem of the CV leaving before its work is complete was fixed in 3.20 and is not still in the game.

We do try to include patch-code to resolve existing situations when problems are fixed, but we can only work with the information we have. If you have a current savegame in which you can't assign a CV to the station then feel free to upload it somewhere and provide a link to it so that we can take a look.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 16:42

I need a function to "fire" or "eject" the current listed builder.
Just... another... bug.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”