[2.60 & 3.0 Beta] Game freezes - Heavily modded game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MONOmah_V
x3tc

[2.60 & 3.0 Beta] Game freezes - Heavily modded game.

Post by MONOmah_V » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 17:31

tl; dr: I've managed to reproduce weird game freezing with a save, where the freeze happens in about ten seconds after loading.

But let's stick to the "plan"...
  • Game version — X4 beta 378025 (English localization). But freeze occured on 2.6 too.
  • Game is somewhat heavily modified — content from steam workshop, "safe" save file editing
  • Game start is "Young Gun"
  • Steps to repro: load save, wait 10 seconds, catch the freeze. Fun fact — game is not totally frozen, because sound remains normal, mouse cursor is moving. And even more — after twenty or so minutes game continues executing like normal.
  • Possible relevant changes, that caused problem — can't think of, unfortunately
  • There is no crashdump, because game is not crashing. And screenshots are irrelevant.
  • dxdiag
Here is the save, finally.

MONOmah_V
x3tc

Re: [3.0 Beta] Game freezes

Post by MONOmah_V » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 17:42

Damn, four times I was able to catch the freeze just after saved game loading. But just after I've created this topic freeze disappeared. I'm sure that it will come back. But there is no valid repro now D:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.0 Beta] Game freezes - Heavily modded game.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 18:08

The heavy modding means that the devs will probably not (and indeed probably cannot) investigate your freeze issue any further.

I had a look at your DxDiag and there are a few issues there:

1. You have a Realtek onboard sound chipset but use a generic Microsoft driver for it. Get Realtek HD Audio Codec R2.82 from here if you use the onboard chipset.

2. Your C-Media USB sound driver is from 2015 and it not WHQL approved for Win10.

3. Disable whichever sound devices and drivers you do not use in Device Manager, Sound/Audio Devices (right-click on a device in the device list there for an enable/disable pop-up).

4. Your Windows Error Report listing seems to to have rather a lot of unexplained OS update failures and serious system errors: examples: LiveKernelEvent and KERNELBASE.dll.

Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MONOmah_V
x3tc

Re: [3.0 Beta] Game freezes - Heavily modded game.

Post by MONOmah_V » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 20:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 19. Jan 20, 18:08
The heavy modding means that the devs will probably not (and indeed probably cannot) investigate your freeze issue any further.
Maybe there is a way for me to somehow provide more information to the devs? Like process dump or debug-log?
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 19. Jan 20, 18:08
I had a look at your DxDiag and there are a few issues there...
I will address these issues and will come back with the result, thank you very much for your time and help.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”