2.6x BUG Idling Miner

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Re: 2.6x BUG Idling Miner

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 01:48

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 15. Jan 20, 12:05
.... I believe that requirement is intended to stop the player making every station into a mining trading post.
Be carefull when saying this because it could be interpreted as if Egosoft never wanted warehouse facilities in X4 like we used to have in XR.

However if this is the case, then honestly, it would clam my worries by half. I used to love doing that in XR and wanted to redo this in X4. So if it was never meant to be possible, I could then stop trying to do it ... unless there is an issue in this thread that once fixed could allow us to still do it 8-)
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-7
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 12:18

@ Faustov: You mentioned that your shipyard is self-contained and does "not require to buy any goods". Is it generating buy orders for the miners' resources and who is normally meeting those and how well? It seems to be a requisite from what the devs said to me that there have to be current buy orders for their mining resources that are not already being met by reserved trades and not being prevented from happening for other reasons.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 01:46

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 12:18
@ Faustov: You mentioned that your shipyard is self-contained and does "not require to buy any goods". Is it generating buy orders for the miners' resources and who is normally meeting those and how well? It seems to be a requisite from what the devs said to me that there have to be current buy orders for their mining resources that are not already being met by reserved trades and not being prevented from happening for other reasons.
Alan, I think those orders disappear once I reduce the buy amount - which is what I want, the purpose I invested into my own fleet was to avoid buying from others.
Anyway, to keep the station running, I've set the buy amounts to some small value. Please have a look at Nopileos Fortune shipyard - the miners all float around it instead of mining, resources are just around the "buy amount" mark.

Please find the save here: https://file.io/a0Wzas

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Thu, 6. Feb 20, 23:03

Seems the file upload had expired - has anyone had a chance to have a look?

EDIT: since I'm having more "idlers" now even with the buy quantities in the middle of the scale, I uploaded the save with another provider.
Let me know please if you need more info.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/3bb881 ... 228/5ef94f

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”